Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How long before your dreads started to grow?

DreadfulAmenita
@taby
11 years ago
80 posts

Just wandering from those who've been dreading for longer than myself (3 months) what peoples' experiences have been with growth... How long was it before your hair stopped shrinking and such before you noticed it growing longer. I've been looking through the forums and online, but I haven't found enough examples to satisfy my curiosity.

updated by @taby: 01/13/15 09:43:14PM
Eddy St. King
@eddy-st-king
11 years ago
50 posts

I haven't been dreading longer than you but i know that hair length and method play a huge role around the three month mark when the locks start to tighten up. if you're doing neglect it's just about patience.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

sometime during the 2nd year about'

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
DreadfulAmenita
@taby
11 years ago
80 posts

2 years even for tnr? This is a journey!

Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

Actually.. I'm wondering something.. If you start with shorter hair, thus having less shrinkage, should you notice growth faster?

Eddy St. King
@eddy-st-king
11 years ago
50 posts

that's a great question and from what i've read in the forums with thick textured hair i think it definitely reduces shrinkage because the dreads grow with the hair from the get go. however with other types it may not have a major impact.

Adam Kelly said:

Actually.. I'm wondering something.. If you start with shorter hair, thus having less shrinkage, should you notice growth faster?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form