Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Beginning My Dreadlocks Tonight!!!

Andrew Freire
@andrew-freire
11 years ago
3 posts

Tonight, my friends and I are going to start my journey into the world of the much coveted hairstyle, dreadlocks. I decided that the Twist and Rip method would work best for all involved. I have about 3-5 inches of hair on my head. Does anybody have any tips or warnings for my hair?

Thank you All!!

updated by @andrew-freire: 01/13/15 09:43:09PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

the 3 inch parts are likely to fall out they will dread asthey grow just use no rubber bands nor products when u tnr ..randomize as much as u can

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Since your hair is short, they will most likely not stay tangled for a while. TnR usually needs about 6 inches of hair to stay together. When you wash, and they fall apart, leave them. Every time you redo it, it resets the progress back to day 1. They won't mature past that. Wash like you'd normally wash locks. Your hair will begin to section itself and as it grows out, it will tangle easier. You could TnR again later if you really want, but like I said before, it will start the process over.

Be patient. Don't crochet or use wax. Don't interock. And don't go to a salon to have them "cleaned" up. Locks take time, not money and manipulation.

Andrew Freire
@andrew-freire
11 years ago
3 posts
Thank you very much!!
krock
@krock
11 years ago
20 posts

hair might work how fine at that length how thick is it, my hair is budding at 3 inches in the back just neglect method , but longer hair couldn't hurt how is it styled now upload a pic bro.

Eddy St. King
@eddy-st-king
11 years ago
50 posts

congrats, everyone's pretty much covered everything but most of all do it for you, not cause your friends are colloquially supporting you by doing it. you'll be good.

Andrew Freire
@andrew-freire
11 years ago
3 posts
I was eating dinner, I think the picture posted on my page, I'm not sure as I'm on my iPhone and its taking forever to load anything
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form