Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

asian dreadlocks help

Colleen Bean
@colleen-bean
11 years ago
4 posts

hey guys so i have 7month old dreads & im not sure if im on the right path. i began with backcombing. since then some came loose & some sort of locked but my hair is so wirey and slick it doesnt like to knot up (chinese mixed with caucasian hair) . i dont do much maintenance except i wash & sleep in a wool hat. my roots have been flipped but im not doing that any longer (oops). i have pics on my page i just wanted some feedback to see if ill ever see the stage where my dreads are rope-like (unique ropes of course ;) )thanks...SE where ya at lol.

updated by @colleen-bean: 01/13/15 09:43:01PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

your dreads look amazing the root flipping ofcourse was a basaaaad idea but they dont seem to have suffered much cause of that

ofcourse i couldnt see the roots detailed enough to tell but overall they look awsome

what are u washing with and how often tho?

otherwise your doing just fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Colleen Bean
@colleen-bean
11 years ago
4 posts

i started washing with baking soda plus drops of tea tree then i got dr. bronners is that bad? I love my hair now but i still want my little ones to grow to become rope like you know? is that like years from now or months from now

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

They look great. The damage from interlocking isn't obvious. You should be fine. I interlocked a few back in the day to see what would happen. If you leave them be from now on, you'll survive. Hairs will tangle around that spot and help strengthen it up. Don't worry about it. It's continuing to interlock that causes permanent prolonged damage

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

they are getting there but bronners depends on water tyope in soft water its fine in hard water no good at all

in hard water it wont rinse right leacving u feeling sticky or oiland will build up

these are better www.dreadlockshampoo.com in any water type

tho for camping bronners is he most biodegradable as long as u dont use it in the steeams cary water 300 feet from the water wash and let it biodegrade in the soil

--
Colleen Bean
@colleen-bean
11 years ago
4 posts

okay cool thanks! anybody on here with chinese wirey hair? or do you guys know any asian/chinese hair that eventually matured nicely without crocheting?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

theres alot and yes many yours aee doing perfectly fine in fact my sis's ex was japanese with very li=ong super straight wiry hair

his would dread overnib-=ght if it wasnt braided b b4 bed..literaly hed wake up with 6-8 huge dreads ..and no looshair every single hair matted into a lock still loose enough to comb out with 6 hours of combing but in 2-3 days it would have been tight and hard to remove

asian hair is not hard to dread naturaly at all

--
Colleen Bean
@colleen-bean
11 years ago
4 posts

great! man he must have been a wild sleeper lol. okay so what do you think about my tips though? i know blunted isnt so great but a lot of mine are a few inches long & dont seem to be knotting up much at all

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

thdey will you still have an inch or2 athe roots right og=h wait well u would if not interlocked the tips and the roots will dread closer to the ends in few months

--
Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
11 years ago
80 posts
I'm half Asian too with pretty straight wirey hair. I've noticed my roots are pretty long. Some over 3 inches, but they do lock up eventually. I'm worried about my tips too. Some has been almost completely straight like 3-4 inches worth.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form