Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Chasing a bit of advice! :)

Lydia Kathleen
@lydia-kathleen
11 years ago
4 posts

Hello! My name is Lydia & I live in the beautiful sunnysoutheast Australia. I haven't used a comb/brush inabout ayear however the hairdressers would comb it all out every few months whenever I got my hair cut.. I recently decided to stop fighting what my hair obviously wants to do& just let it dread freely!:)

So it's been about 2 weeks & I been using the bs & acv every few days.. Just wonderinghow much of a difference it makes if your hair is up all the time? I work about 6 days a week & have to always keep my hair done up. Andis my hair long enough to properly dread? Any advice is welcome thank you guys so much for the time & this wonderful community! :):)Lydia

updated by @lydia-kathleen: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Jennahfly Soulflower
@jennahfly-soulflower
11 years ago
10 posts

Sleep with it down and leave it down when you are off work. Separate the clumps.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yea its long enough but keeping it up all the time will slow it and u also will have to seperate more

the more u can leave it down the better so after work let it go

when its up it cant move and any dreading that doesa happen will probly be it all dreading together into 1 big ol mess

so let it down..seperate as often as u need to and it will dred fine

deeems to already want to

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lydia Kathleen
@lydia-kathleen
11 years ago
4 posts

Thanks! I take it down as soon as I leave work :)

Jennahfly Soulflower said:

Sleep with it down and leave it down when you are off work. Separate the clumps.

Lydia Kathleen
@lydia-kathleen
11 years ago
4 posts

Yeah it does seem to be starting to dread all together into a clump at the back! Better start seperating :)

soaring eagle said:

yea its long enough but keeping it up all the time will slow it and u also will have to seperate more

the more u can leave it down the better so after work let it go

when its up it cant move and any dreading that doesa happen will probly be it all dreading together into 1 big ol mess

so let it down..seperate as often as u need to and it will dred fine

deeems to already want to

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

It is long enough. But you will lose a lot of that length as they mature. Don't worry about it as it happens. Most people lose between 1/3 and 1/2 their original length.

Tying it up will slow the process, but not stop it. You'll have to separate more often. Could you wear a tam to work instead of tying it back? You'd still have to separate it often, but it would leave your hair free to move around and tangle inside of the tam

Lydia Kathleen
@lydia-kathleen
11 years ago
4 posts

Thanks! I'd love to just leave it down 24/7 but a tams not a bad idea I'll have to check with them at work!

Baba Fats said:

It is long enough. But you will lose a lot of that length as they mature. Don't worry about it as it happens. Most people lose between 1/3 and 1/2 their original length.

Tying it up will slow the process, but not stop it. You'll have to separate more often. Could you wear a tam to work instead of tying it back? You'd still have to separate it often, but it would leave your hair free to move around and tangle inside of the tam

Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

A tam would definitely be a better route to follow. I have seen others who kept their dreads tied back in the same manner as you and it caused the dreads to point backwards, even when not tied up. I'm not saying that this is apermanentthing, but if you want to wear them down at some stage they may stick out in a funny way. The tam will allow them to sit a little more naturally.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form