Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

knotty boy dread bar soap ... good or bad?

Carlina
@carlina
11 years ago
9 posts

So I've just been reading horror stories about wax, crocheting, etc. (which I will never do) and realized knotty boy and dreadheadhq are both horrible sites. Then I realized I've been using knotty boy dread bar soap. Is this okay? Is there anything bad in this soap that I should be aware of? I tried looking it up on here but didn't find much.

Anyway, it just kind of freaked me out. It seems to be working fine (just started natural dreading a month ago). My hair seems to be separating quite nicely... If anything, it seems like the soap almost makes my hair too clean, haha. Idk if that's good or bad. Ok sorry for rambling.

updated by @carlina: 01/13/15 09:42:49PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well dreadheadhq soap is toxic garbage that caues dandruff psoriasis dermatitis cancer and hair loss

its actualy a hunting soap not dread soap

knottyboys soap on the other hands ok..not great but ok

however since both profit from the absolute destruction of dreds with horible wax and methods etc we recomend boycotting both and not buying even a bead from them till they stop selling wax and tools like the lock docta

but since u got it use it but dont buy n=more

these www.dreadlockshampoo.com are a thousand times better more ethical better quality..and worth supporting

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Carlina
@carlina
11 years ago
9 posts

Thanks so much for the info. I was really worried for a second. After this bar, I'll definitely be getting a different brand. I don't really care to support those people.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

when i 1st heard of them ppl were saying how great they were so i ordered a bar a few of the "dread teas" and i think 1 of the conditioning sprays

the bar i used but then switched to baking soda right after the teas i kicked myself for spending 6 dollars each for a teabag i never used em the spray i used once..maybe twice that was it

never again..

knottyboys not as bad as dhhq yea they promote wax and create nasty dreads but they arent as big of scumbags and alot of their products are at least semi natural and harmless for the most part (except wax ofcourse)

twas and stuff like that maybe way overpriced and ofcourse unnecessary but are basicly harmless at least

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form