Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Tnr'd dreads that aren't unravelling?

Brett
@brett
12 years ago
28 posts

So I'm about two or three months in and I'm seeing lots of cool loops and bumps and all the good signs but there are a few that haven't unravelled at all. Like, haven't progressed past day 4. I'm debating over whether to comb them out and let them go natural or just leave them and see how they go. Opinions?

updated by @brett: 02/14/15 02:28:08AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ere they tnred too tight?

they will progress just fine if left alone thet will progress just fine if u take em out and go natural too

its all up to ypu

but 3 months isnt that far in its normal to have some lag behind

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brett
@brett
12 years ago
28 posts

Yeah I did one of them way too tight and it was one of the first ones I did, but there are others that have unravelled half way down then stayed tnr'd and looped around on itself at the end. I'm more worried about the first one though.

soaring eagle said:

ere they tnred too tight?

they will progress just fine if left alone thet will progress just fine if u take em out and go natural too

its all up to ypu

but 3 months isnt that far in its normal to have some lag behind

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I wouldn't worry about it. Like SE said, you're only a few months in. By doing TnR too tight you just created some tight knots that did't want to come out. Having that amazing curly hair helped. You're just going to have some locks that mature faster than others. It looks really good, just go with the flow and enjoy them :)
Brett
@brett
12 years ago
28 posts

Alrighty, cheers you two. :D

Danielle2
@danielle2
12 years ago
8 posts

I have straight fine hair, and my twist and rips didn't even start to get loopy until 3 and a half months, and now at 7 they are still doing it.

Your dreads matured super fast!

Brett
@brett
12 years ago
28 posts

All my hair's wanted to do since I started growing it a few years ago was tangle so I pretty much just gave in. :P

Jessica Wilson
@jessica-wilson
11 years ago
17 posts

I too tnr'ed way to tight and 9 months in some still haven't unraveled....rrrr...lol. So that patience I didn't think I would have I forced Iself to have. When I finished tnr I promised iself I would do NOTHING after and I have stuck to it and would recommend you do the same. It is all part of the journey, to allow our locs to come as they will.

Blessings in the new year :)

Brett
@brett
11 years ago
28 posts

Cheers all. While I'm here, I'm thinking of swapping BC/ACV for some of dreadlockshampoo.com's products, if I were to get the liquid, would it survive the journey to Australia or would I be better off getting the bars? and how similar are the bars to regular bar soap? I ask this because when I use regular soap I break out into a rash anywhere that touched the soap.

Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
I have very sensitive skin and am allergic to a lot of bar soaps and I've had no problems with the bars or liquids. I have no idea how much the shipping would be to Australia tho, and the bars would hold up better during shipping but I'm sure Vicki would pack it well enough.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form