Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

making dreads with Vicki's Just 4 Dreads Shampoo and gel

Siri Shakti Ardebili
@siri-shakti-ardebili
12 years ago
3 posts

I'm new at this, just beginning the process of dreading my hair. I just go Vicki's Lockin Up Shampoo and Lock Magic Gel. How do I go about using these two items? I've been using a none residue soap for the past week and my hair is naturally beginning to section off into it's own sections. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Siri Shakti

updated by @siri-shakti-ardebili: 01/13/15 09:42:38PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ok well heres the magic of lock magic

your not making dreads at all your i[only helping the existing sections to transform into dreads easier

so take 2 fingers about (u can adjust as needed) dip into the gel apply that blob to the roots of 1 section now wrap your hand around that section at the roots

and slide down but not straight down use a slif=ght twisting motion you dont have to even do a full twist tyour not twisting the hair tight at all just a lil twisting motion will help way more then straight down smoothing

then leave it in let it dry dont worry its very easy to wssh out in fact if u leave your hands coated in it 5 min later u wont be able to tell any ws ever on your hands it seems to just disapear (but u can smell it still)

the shampoo scrub your roots as u would with the other then rinse thru

in a week or 2 post a review of how they work for u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Well, for the shampoo, just use it like you've been doing. Just wash your scalp. As you rinse, it will rinse through your hair.

The gel might be a bit hard to use if you don't have defined sections yet. I used it on some of my baby locks. You just dab a little on your fingers and gently massage it up towards your scalp. Your hair will get super frizzy. Then just GENTLY palm it flat again

Siri Shakti Ardebili
@siri-shakti-ardebili
11 years ago
3 posts

What great explanations. I go it, sounds simple enough! I will leave a review as soon as I get started. Thank you guys!

melann
@melann
11 years ago
34 posts

Hi. I bought two jars of the gel when i started out and havent even used half of one. Would you be interested in the other, if you need it?

Jennifer Rose
@jennifer-rose
11 years ago
59 posts

Hey melann I'm about to start dreading up again and for the first time I will be doing it naturally. I'll take your gel if its still up for grabs :)

Jenn

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form