Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Parents cutting my hair?!

Seth L.
@seth-l
12 years ago
9 posts

My parents have now made an appointment for my hair to be cut, since its too "wild, dirty, and tangled". My hair is pretty d@mn healthy, i've been washing with the BS deep cleanse for five months now (doing natural), and dandruff is not an issue what so ever. Oh yeah, and using the BS is "unnatural" in their minds. What should I do, or any suggested arguments or anything??? Please, i'm desperate, I love my dreads-in-the-making, they're just going to cut it crappy or completely fuck it up, idk what to do anymore :/

updated by @seth-l: 02/14/15 08:48:26AM
nichole2
@nichole2
12 years ago
6 posts
How old are you? And I would tell the hair cutting place not to touch my hair
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

just say no technicaly forceing you to cut is assault

that ids if they cut it by force if they make an appointment and try to make you go say no

if they say well if your not getting it cut then you are giving up..some priveledge or other take it.. say fine do what you want but its my hair im not cutting it..period

let them know theres notg=hing they can do to change that that can make your life hell but all they will succeed in doing is making you resent them

use the google search to search the supite for convincing parents

ive written dozens of letters to parents fo[ind 1 i=or 2 or more and edit and write yoir own using them as a starting off point

so far they have been 100% effective convincing every parent

so good luck

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

skip the appointment. they can't force you to brush or cut your hair, if they do physically force you it's a form of assault.

yes your hair may be wild & tangled but it's certainly not dirty if you are washing it. how do they wash their hair? most hair "products" leave residues & things in your hair that can collect dirt & things & build up over time so if they use normal commercial shampoos/conditioners they probably have dirtier hair than you! Baking soda you would buy in the grocery store is more natural than most hair products out there but it isn't completely natural, it's still produced rather than taken straight from the earth, but compared to all the chemicals & things in other care products it is MUCH better than those alternatives. This article http://naturesgreenremedy.com/is-baking-soda-natural/ explains it further. Could you try a dread bar/shampoo instead of baking soda & see if they would be happier with that method?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Parents always want you to be happy. Unfortunately, sometimes they think they know what will make you happy. You have to find that out for yourself.

Let them know how happy your locks make you. Show them pictures of people with neat clean locks from here. Locks don't always look crazy and messy. They tame themselves and mature to look just fine. By law, you can't be not hired nor fired for your locks.

My parents still hate mine, but they know that I like them, and they make me me. So my mom stopped hassling me about them. Granted it took 6+ years. She still doesn't like them, but she finally stopped telling me about it.

There is a great powerpoint slide someone posted a while ago for showing parents how beautiful and clean locks are.

What exactly do they think is unnatural about Baking soda? There are other natural soaps you can use. But I'd like to know what they think about this. It's not unhealthy. It's natural. And it cleans extremely well

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ok this is mostly for humor lol so forgive me

but if the letter fails

if they insist on making yor life hell

you could casualy come down to dinner wearring a dress

when they say what the hell are you doing you can say well if you insist on taking away my identity..what makes me feel like me then i might as well find a new one if i cant be me maybe seth will have to become steph

now im completely straight and i dont mean this to be offencive to ya at all ut ya could be one of the better looking trannies anyway so its always an option

haha

ok srry im just kidding but ..if things f-=get desperate this could be a last ressort option..haha

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ok ill find some of my letters u can edit and use

dear mom and dad

you probably are aware of certain stereotypes surrpunding dreadlocks however you probably also know stereotypes are often untrue. you yourself have a baclkground perhaps your polish/german/irish/jewish so does that make you stupid evil drunk and greedy?

lets examine the sterotypes and realities.

dreads are dirty

the truth is in order fior hair to dread right it needs to be clean, but not only vclean but free of residues and products that actualy cause hair to be dirtier ..nothing sticky should go in dreads so nio dirt gets stuck to the hair

the sterotype came aboyt 10 years ago when certain companies pushed the idea of "instant sdreads" using wax, and some thought dreads needed to be sticky but hated wax so chose alternativesz like eggs or honey even toothopaste ..these are not the right ways to dread! and yea that kind of dread is dirty but tends to be cut soon after dreading they dont last long.

proper dreads should always be kept clean and smelling good.

dreads are for the homeless only

the truth here is although some hiomeless dont own a comb so get dreads , throughout history dreads were a sign of the elite pharoes and kings, preists and philosophers

king tuts dreads survived 50,000 years as a mummy egyption statures often depict dreads on the ruling class

in the bible the holiest of the holy war dreads joseph, john the baptist samson and many believe jesus himself belonged to a group called the nazarites that took the nazarine vow and grew dreads. its said only the nazarites can speak directly to the devine and are worthy to enter heaven.

dreads are a sign of dedication the most devout of virtualy every religion wear dreads. hindou jew christian muslim buddhist alike.

dreads are unhealthy

the reality being heyy are healythy for the hair nbut more so for the person. dreads give confidence strength and devotion. they have cured depression self ghatred self image and body image issues like anorexia dreads make yiu feel more whole more natural more in control.

dreads will prevent u from getting a job

the reaklity is you might find 1 or 2 jobs who care (but in most cases this is ilegal because dreads have religios and spiritual connections)

but most jobs dont care in fact in our community of 5,000 we have 1 rocket scientist, 3-5 preists/ministers 12 or more teachers 10 or more with phds (or soon to have) 3-5 professors dozens of nurses 5-8 doctors 3-5 law clerks 10 or more busines owners dozens in food services dozens of artists

many working in offices

a cop

you name it

dreads do not limmit you only the limmited mind of a shalow boss might but thats rare

dreads are looked down on

its true some close minded individualds are biased but the vast magority respect and admire dreads in fact you can hardly go our without someone yelling nice dreads from a block away

dreads get u massive respect and admiration from most peoole but some do descriminate

those are not worth knowing hey judge on appearance only and are not the type people you want to know anyway

drugs and dreads

its true dreads have become associated with marijuana use because of the ridse of reggae music in the 70's but lets look at this more closely

the rastas ..some of them use marijuana as a religios sacriment marijuana being an herb not drug they do not togch any true drugs they do not take medicines they do not tpuch alcahol tobaco or even sugar

they are purists about what enters theyre bodies will not cook in aluminin poyts or eat anything that has any chemical additives at all. however they smoke herb and are peresecuted for it sso are very vocal about theyre religios rights to smoke it. only 1/2 of rastas smoke just like almost 1/2 of everyone on earth does so its not more likely a dread will smoke weed jyst more likely they will admit it. however it is more likely they wont drink, or do drugs like coke meth or heroin.

letting your child dread and supporting them will go a long way to building a closer relationship more trust and respect.

your child will dread someday these urges never go away its best you let them now rather then later

we have dozens of grandparents who wanted to dread since age 6-16 and always felt they had to but never could till in their 60's

they never felt truly themselves untill they did

encourage and support your child in becomming themselves early so they dot go through life feeling less alive.

--
ღHippie Loveღ
@hippie-love
12 years ago
80 posts

LMAO, I love this idea.

soaring eagle said:

but if the letter fails

when they say what the hell are you doing you can say well if you insist on taking away my identity..what makes me feel like me then i might as well find a new one if i cant be me maybe seth will have to become steph

now im completely straight and i dont mean this to be offencive to ya at all ut ya could be one of the better looking trannies anyway so its always an option

haha

ok srry im just kidding but ..if things f-=get desperate this could be a last ressort option..haha

Seth L.
@seth-l
12 years ago
9 posts

soaring eagle said:

but if the letter fails

haha

Lol, i'm laughing so hard xD thanks

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form