Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

First wash question - holes

bells
@bells
12 years ago
10 posts

i just washed my baby dreadies for the first time (i put them in using tnr) after almost five days. i sprayed on salt water and let it sit for about an hour, then hopped in the shower and washed with doc bronner's. i rinsed really well, wrung the water out, and towel dried, taking care not to rough 'em up too much. Since the sun isn't out, and i don't own a hairdryer, i'm just letting 'em hang to complete the drying process. So, while i wait, i figured i would ask a question.

Other than the crazy amount of loose hair that i figured would happen, i also noticed that there's little holes between the strands of the tnr. No need to panic, those will close up on their own, right? They haven't really unraveled a lot, and i'm trying not to worry too much.

updated by @bells: 01/13/15 09:42:28PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea just wasnt randomized enough wn-hen u tnr but its all good they will dread up

bronners isnt the best choice in most ares cause of hard water if yoir waters not very g=hard its fine but was it diluted at least 12 to 1 or more?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
bells
@bells
12 years ago
10 posts

i diluted it about 25 to 1, and only used it on my scalp, letting it run through the dreads. i plan on running out and getting some ACV to to the BS/ACV wash next time, but my scalp was itching like crazy so i used doc's 'cos it's what i use on my body anyway.

Now that they're almost totally dry, and i've separated the sections a bit (they realllllllly want to be friends), i shook my head around like crazy and it looks like the holes are trying to eat some of the shorter stray hairs that are all over. i'm taking this as a good sign.

soaring eagle said:

yea just wasnt randomized enough wn-hen u tnr but its all good they will dread up

bronners isnt the best choice in most ares cause of hard water if yoir waters not very g=hard its fine but was it diluted at least 12 to 1 or more?

Danielle2
@danielle2
12 years ago
8 posts

It is a good sign. TnR look like good dreads starting out, and then they change to look more braid like in texture, with the holes. THose eat up surrounding hair and frizz and go away later on down the line, but the holes are also where you will notice the dreads getting loose to start looping. Then after loops and zig zags they will be nice and sturdy.

I love my twist and rip dreads! They look the best and stayed the softest compared to my backcombed ones!

bells
@bells
12 years ago
10 posts

Awesome to hear, thanks muchly! i'm so super excited for loops!!!

Danielle said:

It is a good sign. TnR look like good dreads starting out, and then they change to look more braid like in texture, with the holes. THose eat up surrounding hair and frizz and go away later on down the line, but the holes are also where you will notice the dreads getting loose to start looping. Then after loops and zig zags they will be nice and sturdy.

I love my twist and rip dreads! They look the best and stayed the softest compared to my backcombed ones!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form