Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

separation

Karlin Buck
@karlin-buck
12 years ago
28 posts

How soon after not brushing should I start separating? I already have little clusters of knots

updated by @karlin-buck: 01/13/15 09:42:27PM
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

Don't know how long you've been dreading or if you're just starting. If your hair knots pretty fast, I'd say in about a month or 2 maybe 3 but I'd wait until your hair sections itself off so ya don't get started seperating to soon.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

berter answerr when you find 2 "clumps of knots)" with knots connecting them to eachother up the body of the dread baby except if they are real thin u want then]=m ..the clumps to have some definition on their own 1st but seperate anty that try to join together s 1 ..or form too big

some may need to seperate the 1st day or week

if some waitted 3 months theyd have 1 huge dread

use your judgment

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

I didn't really need to start seperating until about month 3 or 4 but then I started over from really short hair. I seperate maybe 2 or 3 times a month now at 14mths.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

As your locks form, you'll see that some start to combine up the body of the lock. Unless you want a fat lock, separate then. You don't need to separate all the way to your scalp. Just until they stop ripping easily. There should always be a mess of tangles at your scalp. This is healthy.

I posted a video on my page for how to separate and when to know if you need to separate

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form