Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Friend thinks I should cut my hair, says they smell 'unpleasant'

pokolo
@pokolo
12 years ago
59 posts

So, a friend recently told me she thinks I should cut my locs. One of the reasons is because of the way I grew them, they smell unpleasant.

So I guess here is the history of my hair. I've been growing my hair out for a bout 2+ years now. I didn't do any twisting or anything, just kinda let it grow out on its own. I've been using dr. bronner's magic soap to wash it. I've been using the unscented one. Could this have something to do with the way it smells? I also don't wash it every day, probably ever 2-3 days, maybe I should make an effort to wash it more often. But one day I was with her and had washed it that day and she said it still kinda smelled.

She also strongly suggest I cut it off and if I still want the dreads, to do it the right way, and start them off professionally somewhere like she did.

I also find myself job hunting again, so maybe that's another reason I should just cut them and forget it.

I could post pics if it helps, I may later but my laptop is making it difficult right now.

updated by @pokolo: 02/14/15 03:48:55AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

just another idiot that thinks ruined salon dreads are better and if you dont pay thousands of dollars your dreads are gross

ignore her do they smell to you? tell her she should cut hers and grow rel locs not falke designer imitations

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

id definately try the www.dreadlockssite.com shampoo bars

if shedares say they smell bad then u know shes just a hater

alot of ppl with salo9n dreads actualy hate dreads but think of salon dreads as somehow more axcceptable

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kameron Hammond
@kameron-hammond
12 years ago
8 posts

I would try the shampoo bars. I love the karma locking gel as well. I just got a ton a compliments about how good my hair smelt on Christmas. A little of the locking gel goes a long way!

Good luck with your journey!!

Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

Yes, get sme bars or liquid from www.dreadlockshampoo.com !

pokolo
@pokolo
12 years ago
59 posts

they don't smell much to me no. maybe a little but i have to really put the hair up to my nose to notice anything. my brother has mentioned the smell to me before though. really those are the only 2 complaints about it smelling i can think of.

uploaded some pics of my dreads at different angles. i kind of agree they could look better though. i especially don't like the ends and how it looks in the front. would trimming them be a good idea?

pokolo
@pokolo
12 years ago
59 posts

here are some more.

i also don't want the hair to prevent me from finding work, and good work. i live in Bucks County, PA. Morrisville/Yardley area. no idea what the water could be considered.

Kameron Hammond
@kameron-hammond
12 years ago
8 posts

I personally love the loose ends. If you feel you need to cut them for a job, that is up to you. You know yourself and your needs more than anyone else. I wouldn't cut them because of the smell though, you can remedy that:) I think they look great!

pokolo said:

here are some more.

i also don't want the hair to prevent me from finding work, and good work. i live in Bucks County, PA. Morrisville/Yardley area. no idea what the water could be considered.

emilio gonzalez
@emilio-gonzalez
12 years ago
32 posts

your dreads areperfect doing exactly what they need to do to be awesome ,in the end your dreads will look 1000X better than hers wich im sure they already do , shes prob jealous , just get a shampoo with a smell dreadlocksshampoo.com is great . and stick around this site , maybe tell her about it so maybe she can turn around all the damage she has been doing to her hair

Violetmoon
@violetmoon
12 years ago
7 posts

Im with you SE.No way would I cut my locs for anyone.It speaks volumes about the kind of person she is.How insulting, maybe shes just jealous..After all you have the real deal
soaring eagle said:

just another idiot that thinks ruined salon dreads are better and if you dont pay thousands of dollars your dreads are gross

ignore her do they smell to you? tell her she should cut hers and grow rel locs not falke designer imitations

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form