Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Noob seeking advice

Dalton James Patterson
@dalton-james-patterson
12 years ago
1 posts

My hair is roughly 3 1/2 - 4 inches long. I plan on doing the 100% natural method (no twist + rip, no backcomb, no palm rolling, etc.). I'm just curious as to how long it will take before something appears, and if anything even willappear, considering my short hair length. Also, I use--as recommended--'Vikki's Just 4 Dreads' shampoo once a week (is that fine?); and would wearing a wool hat speed up the process at all?

ANY input/advice/feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks to anyone who answers :)

updated by @dalton-james-patterson: 01/13/15 09:42:21PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Your hair will start to separate into section around 5 inches. But most locking won't take place until it's about 6 inches. If you keep washing, I'd recommend 2-3 times a week instead of once, you may start to see some progress sooner. There are 1001 factors that go into locking.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

although they are right that typicaly u wont see dreading till 6 inches some do see it sooner so u may be lucky

u can try biotin to increase growth but wont take effet fir 3 months so at most it will only refduce the wait time by 1 1/2 month s about

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Samson
@samson
12 years ago
21 posts

Hey Dalton, I'm in the same boat that you're in. I'm growing my hair as natural as you can grow it with no type of manipulation to get insta- dreads. It is a very slow process as many will tell you, you may literally feel time. I wash my hair every three days with tea tree oil. Stay strong my brother and soon your locks will form.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form