Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

apple cider vinegar

Karlin Buck
@karlin-buck
12 years ago
28 posts

I have a bar of bucks bar shampoo on the way, I was wondering if in the early stages of dreading would it be recommended to still use an apple cider vinegar rinse? Oh, and I have hard water.

updated by @karlin-buck: 01/13/15 09:42:12PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

u should only do the acv if you do the baking soda its not needed with soap

acv is used to reset the ph after bs lowers it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
There's something wrong with my scalp lol I normally use bs/acv and have no problem. I also have a little bit of a bar part and some lockin up liquid. I try to use them every now and then, I feel like I'm wasting them if I don't. Anyway, I can only go a day or two between washing with them. Then my scalp becomes an itchy, flakey, uncomfortable mess. I rinse with cold water and everything. I've rinsed with acv the last couple times and it seems to have helped. I made it from Thursday to Monday (normal wash days) without wanting to rip my hair out scratching. Wtf is up with this?
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I was using them for several months (from feb. to around sept) this year and had problems. I switched to bs/acv and thigs have been great. I'd like to be able to use the bars, but I'm not sure that's going to happen. I'm going to try the tea tree/rosemary bar and see what happens. Even this I love my hair washing routine, it kinda sucks now that it's winter and cold. I can just imagine what it's like for you Robyn!
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
You betcha!!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form