Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

two questions! congo and hair growth speed

Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
Okay, first question. I'm trying to congo a couple skinny dreads. I was just curious if the whole dread length congos together, or if it's just the new growth at the roots?Second question, does hair growth slow down with dreads? I don't mean the dreads themselves. I know how that works and how it appears to grow slower, even though that's not the case. I have regular, undreaded strands that don't seem to be growing as fast as they did before I dreaded my hair. Is that possible, or does it mean anything?Thanks in advance! :)
updated by @cristin-nessen: 02/14/15 06:24:45AM
Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

I have congoed three dreads together, two have congoed the full length of the dread and one has only joined at the tip, they are well congoed at the root. So, I have three joined, that looks like one fat one joined to a smaller one. They are all joined together at the tip, so there is a gap from the tip to the root on one, I doubt you could see the gap, I can feel it though. . So I think it depends, mine are only short, I would say that would make a difference too. Maybe a few beads might help.

Hair growth? I don't know.

Peace and blessings.

Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
Thanks so much for sharing your info! I didn't know if connecting the whole way down was even possible, but now I know! Interesting! :)
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

I congoed a few and the first one I did has 2 in it and it's joined down the body about 3/4 of the way. Joined 2 more together not quite a month ago and it's about a 1/4 of the way down from the roots. Another is almost the entire length of the body and I stated 3 more to congo but doesn't seem to want to take as fast to join as the other did. You hair does grow slowly some ppl slower some faster but you may not be able to tell that it is growing for months since they shrink and stuff. I felt the mine really wasn't growing until I came across a picture from back in April and I could actually see how much my hair did grow.
I attatch 2 pics. The one is from April and I was 6mths in. The second was about a wk ago at 14mths in. An 8mth difference. I have also been taking Biotin since July but not sure if it actually helped any or not!

Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
Nice pics! It's cool to see pics at different stages. Mine have already shrunk so much, it's crazy! I've had them a year, but still haven't noticed any growth yet. I mean I know it's growing, but it still isn't showing lol. Mine don't seem to be congoing as quickly as everyone talks about theirs doing. I'm jealous lol. I guess I'll just be patient! Thanks!
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

What ever ones ya wnt to congo, put a bead on them. They'll start to congo within about 2wks. You're prolly not seeing the growth cause you're looking in a mirror every time ya walk past one! Take some pics now and the a few more in about 5mths and you'll be able to see that they are growing. Yeah, time and paitence is everything when it comes to dreads!

Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

If you want to congo them, just let them grow together. up the dread they will join depends on the stage of maturity they are at. On my previous set, all I had were congos. All of which were joined further down the dread, with the tips standing alone. I would say that if they are less mature, with a good deal of loose hairs, it would join further up.

As for the hair growth, the growth rate is the same. It seems like it takes longer to grow because it is not growing straight any more. My hair always seems to grow slow, however, because it is so curly. But, if your straight hair (undreaded) seems to be growing slow, it could be adietary issue. You can try eating more raw foods and plenty ofproteinif you want to increase the growth rate. Some say that you can take biotin to increase the growth rate, but I have read mixed reports elsewhere on the net. You best bet is the raw food diet, as you get morenutrientsfrom the food that way.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it grows at the same rate and they congo only at the roots nitto the tips

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
Thanks a whole bunch guys! Maybe I'll check into my diet as far as growth goes, because that's a very good possibility. My undreaded strands have only grown 2-3 inches in about 8 or 9 months, and it used to grow like a weed! Lol. Thanks again everyone! :)
Meijka
@meijka
12 years ago
23 posts

I braided my small ones together that I wanted to congo, They look like dreads now, not braids,

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form