Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My review of Voodoo Soaps and Hard Water

Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

Doesn't seem to work to well with hard water. My dreadlings seem to be hard like I waxed them first before I washed! They really seem to be weighed down after the wash! Seems to be to much residue along with not being able to rinse completely out with hard water!?! It can't be to conditioning cause otherwise they'd be really, really soft. Over all, it didn't leave me feeling clean like www.dreadlockshampoo.com does! I wanna go re-wash my hair with Bucks! I'd rather do the BS/ACV to get rid of whatever residue but since that doesn't work well with hard water I'll have to re-wash with Bucks!

This is just my opinion and review!

updated by @doogie: 02/14/15 09:48:33AM
joy
@joy
12 years ago
7 posts

wow im surprised. i got the dragons blood and had no problems... might be cause you have very hard water or something and it was a weird reaction between that and the soap...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i never tried it but not surprised since it is a pure vegan soap and doesnt have those magic ingredients dreadlockshampoo does that makes it work so we;ll

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Anna3
@anna3
12 years ago
70 posts

I didn't have any problems with it. My hair felt very clean and residue free afterwards. Sorry it didn't work out for you!

Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

Like I said, this is only my opinion and review. You may not have hard water or you may have a water filter. When my hair was still damp and I touched it, it had like this slippery film kinda like when you soap up your hands and rinse and let it air dry. I've done that before to test soaps and I shoulda did that again with Voodoos but I was eager to try it so I just jumped right in.

Dawn Gill
@dawn-gill
11 years ago
8 posts

Hi Doggie: I really wish you would have contacted me and said you had a problem so we coulddetermineif there was a reaction to another product or adifferentproduct that would have worked better with hard water. I have hard water and I have done this for years withoutincidentbut Idon'twax and Idon'tuse other products just pure natural products, in any case I wasn't given the opportunity to help just a scathing review. I am sorry you were unhappy.

Mr Soaring Eagle: really, vegan products and mine in-particulardo not have the good things dreads need so they are bad. You dorealizethat you said this in regards to my product without knowing the ingredients and without ever seeing or touching a bar. That's slander sir, I amsurprisedthat you would say that about a product without firsttestingsaid product. But then I remember that I chose not to spend 200.00 dollars a month to advertise on your site and I wonder if that isn't the reason you chose to say my soapisn'thealthy for dreads and fails to contain needed ingredients. I wont be shocked when this post gets removed.

To all of you whoreceivedfree samples, Thank you so much for your participationin my give away you were a delight and I thank you for your kind words and the love and light you share daily in the world. I am humbled by your kindness and thank full for your light! Bright Blessings!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

you misread i said it doesnt have the magic ingredients (beer and the clays) that makes vickis soap work so well in hard water

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Doogie
@doogie
11 years ago
321 posts

Like I said, this was just MY review and MY opnion on your soap! Even on your website and on Etsy, I seen NOTHINGon any of your product listings that said works with hard water! I think that is something that needs to be listed IF you have something that works in hard water! ALSO, I do not wax! ust saying that after washing with your product that it just made my dreads feel like they were waxed! I knowwhat I will continue to wash with and I'm done trying any other types of "dreadlock" shampoo or bars. I will stay with what makes me feel soft and clean!

Dawn Gill said:

Hi Doggie: I really wish you would have contacted me and said you had a problem so we coulddetermineif there was a reaction to another product or adifferentproduct that would have worked better with hard water. I have hard water and I have done this for years withoutincidentbut Idon'twax and Idon'tuse other products just pure natural products, in any case I wasn't given the opportunity to help just a scathing review. I am sorry you were unhappy.

Mr Soaring Eagle: really, vegan products and mine in-particulardo not have the good things dreads need so they are bad. You dorealizethat you said this in regards to my product without knowing the ingredients and without ever seeing or touching a bar. That's slander sir, I amsurprisedthat you would say that about a product without firsttestingsaid product. But then I remember that I chose not to spend 200.00 dollars a month to advertise on your site and I wonder if that isn't the reason you chose to say my soapisn'thealthy for dreads and fails to contain needed ingredients. I wont be shocked when this post gets removed.

To all of you whoreceivedfree samples, Thank you so much for your participationin my give away you were a delight and I thank you for your kind words and the love and light you share daily in the world. I am humbled by your kindness and thank full for your light! Bright Blessings!

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I am reading posts on this soap and checked out Dawn's page. She says on her profile that the Voodoo soap was created specifically for her daughter who is bi-racial and had dried out hair. Without trying the soap out myself, as a caucasian, this would be a red flag not to use the soap as it is meant to condition African textured hair, as theirs dries out.

It is probably a wonderful soap for undreaded hair, and African textured hair, as it conditions, but I would not use it on my dreads.

Dawn, it is lovely that you were able to make a soap for your daughter.

Dawn Gill
@dawn-gill
11 years ago
8 posts

Exact quote it does not say clay or beer like (other sellers): it plainly says it is pure vegan and does not contain the magic ingredients.

i never tried it but not surprised since it is a pure vegan soap and doesnt have those magic ingredients dreadlockshampoo does that makes it work so we;ll

Read more: My review of Voodoo Soaps and Hard Water - dreadlocks forums http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/my-review-of-voodoo-soaps-and-hard-water?commentId=3754945%3AComment%3A1618323&xg_source=msg_com_forum#ixzz2ODmPuW00
the best place for real dreadlocks
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

soaring eagle said:

you misread i said it doesnt have the magic ingredients (beer and the clays) that makes vickis soap work so well in hard water

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form