Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Slightly Visible Scalp-To be expected or cause of concern?

Allie
@allie
12 years ago
6 posts

Hey all! Thanks for taking the time to check this out. If this issue has been addressed already and someone is able to direct me to a thread please do!

I am about 1 month into my journey, fine/oily hair. I made the decision to dread with the natural/neglect method (the expception of one lone dread)

Anyhow, I find that there is some scalp visibility. Perhaps I am being overly concerned and in time it will sort itself out, or I just happen to notice it more than I should.

Perhaps I am just being too concerned (and if this is the case let me know, I would love to put the issue to rest and out of my mind) I am also wondering if I should focus a bit more on sectioning (am I allowing too much to gather?)

The issue has only been at the back (not seen this occuring on either side)

If it makes any difference. bs/acv rinse. Wash every 3-4 days.

updated by @allie: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

yeah that happens to many of us, ive noticed its from sleeping on your back. but right now its just because they are still forming and layingweirdbefore they tighten and mature. its just a parrt of the process :)

Sarah Nater
@sarah-nater
12 years ago
9 posts
I have fine hair too and my scalp shows. No worries i have more scalp showing on my sides.
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I have mostly mature dreads and noticed in a pic I took yesterday I have scalp showing on the back of my head as well. I normally have mostly straight, fine oily prone hair as well. I also had just washed yesterday as well. Nothing to worry about unless you develop raging huge gaps. You have awesome sectioning going on by the way, it looks great!
Allie
@allie
12 years ago
6 posts

Thank you, much more at ease with it. I am sure as things progress I will find myself every so often asking "is this normal"

Mons, thank you, I am quite pleased with it. I am somewhat entertained by the fact all the times in the past I tried to control my hair, I was never overly happy with it. Now that I have given it freedom to do as it pleases I am far more content.

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I totally know how you feel!! lolI have been trying to post a blog about what is normal with dreads, using the iPhone app, but it won't post. I may be putting too many pics in it.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form