Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hmm, when will it grow?

Meijka
@meijka
12 years ago
23 posts

My hair has been dreading for 5 months and my babies are all super tight already! Since my hair was shoulder length before it was dreading, it has shrunk approximately 4 inches all over. I am just curious, will my hair stay the same length (shrink as it grows) or get shorter than it is now or actually grow from here on? Just a little curious. =)

updated by @meijka: 01/13/15 09:41:44PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

hard to predict

probly will shrink another inch but not grow much for awhile..at a guess

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Locks go through 3 major stages. They shrink for a few months. Here, they usually shrink to about 1/3 - 1/2 their original length. Then they go through a phase where they seem to be stagnant. They don't shrink anymore, but they don't grow either. This is when your roots start to tighten up more. Then they explode with growth.

It's hard to tell how much your hair will shrink. You may lose a little more length. But it's nearly impossible to know until it happens

ღHippie Loveღ
@hippie-love
12 years ago
80 posts

Couldn't have said it better than this.

Baba Fats said:

Locks go through 3 major stages. They shrink for a few months. Here, they usually shrink to about 1/3 - 1/2 their original length. Then they go through a phase where they seem to be stagnant. They don't shrink anymore, but they don't grow either. This is when your roots start to tighten up more. Then they explode with growth.

It's hard to tell how much your hair will shrink. You may lose a little more length. But it's nearly impossible to know until it happens

Liz2
@liz2
12 years ago
4 posts

I'm glad you asked this question. My hair is about shoulder length as well and I was wondering how much my hair would shrink. Looking at your photo, I can guesstimate the length it will become. Thanks!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form