Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

White stuff? Particles? Dandruff? What is this?!

Anna Welcher
@anna-welcher
12 years ago
11 posts

I've had dreads for about two years, I haven't had any problems with this but I'm noticing that in some of my dreads Mostly the front dreads have white stuff at the tops. It doesn't seem to go away. I used apple cider vinegar and lavender oil and it still seems to stay.It also looks as if it's on the ends of each hair? Anybody have a similar issue? Do I need to leave the vinegar on longer? Thank you for your time.

-Anna

updated by @anna-welcher: 01/13/15 09:41:36PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
12 years ago
1,302 posts

Seasons Greetings Anna. It sounds like it might be the hair follicles, root system at the end of the hairs. When hair comes out of the scalp, there is usually the white end attached to it. Sorry, I do not know how to get rid of it other than snipping the white off. Do you maintain your hair in such a way that it pulls out your hair?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

could simply be the folicule when hair falls out the roort stays attached with a lil skin attached

lice eggs would be on the shaft within 1/4 inch othe scalp not at the hairs tip

shedding causes it backcomb and root rubbing causes alot

looking too close makes u notice it

nobody else ever will

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Anna3
@anna3
12 years ago
70 posts

I have the same problem. It's only your hair follicles and nothing to worry about! Like SE said, you're the only one who will notice it since you spend the most time looking at them up close.

Happy dreading!

Anna Welcher
@anna-welcher
12 years ago
11 posts

I'm not sure if my thank you message went through so I'm sending it again! THank you sooo much for all of your responses! All the love!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form