Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

Has anyone on here tried taking Biotin? It says it promotes healthy hair and nails. I heard it makes hair grow much faster also, so im interested in getting some and just wondering if anyone has any experience with it

updated by @k-money: 02/14/15 10:09:26AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

odviosly i never needed it but for it to work u gotta takre i believe 1500 mg a day ..everyday without fail for over 3 months u wont see ant increase till after 3 months

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I've been taking it for about 3 months now. It has seemed to speed up growth for me. I can only find it in 1000mg pills, though. So it might need more time to really show it's progress

k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

ok thanks guys. i think ill give it a try

Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

I've een taking it for about 6mths now and haven't noticed any length yet. Someone told me pre-natal vitamins but I belive they're just for women!?!

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I got some hair, skin, and nail supplements at Costco, turns out to have 5000 mg of biotin. It's awesome stuff.
Geeks
@geeks
12 years ago
13 posts

My daughter takes it and loves it!

Greg2
@greg2
12 years ago
10 posts

Pre-natals are not just for women, they have no estrogen or anything they are just a multi vitamin with a focus around what women need to provide nutrients to a baby. I took them last time I grew my hair out and I did notice the difference, also my finger nails grew way too fast. I am now taking biotin mine are 7500 mgs, where I got them they offer them in 1000, 5000 and 7500. I have friends that took them and their hair grew crazy quick.

Ryan6
@shiftyeyes
12 years ago
19 posts

The recommended dose to treat deficiency for adults varies from 3,000 mcg per day for brittle fingernails up to 7,000 to 15,000 mcg per day for diabetics.

Seems to me it's just a placebo, even though I know a higher dose per day is supposed to help. But it's a water soluble vitamin so if you have too much it just ends up as waste with out being put to good use. There are tons of foods you can eat to increase Biotin levels

1. Swiss Chard - This green plant is a top producer of biotin. It's also a great part of a healthy salad choice that will provide antioxidants and help balance a diet.
  2. Carrots - Carrots contain a supply of biotin, as well as beta-carotene, which helps with general eye health.
  3. Almonds, Walnuts and Other Nuts - A variety of nuts supply the body with biotin, and are a portable way to get proteins and other nutrition into a diet.
  4. Chicken Eggs - Eggs are a source of biotin, although it's important to note that eating a diet unusually high in egg whites can actually be a catalyst for a biotin deficiency. That's because a specific element in the egg whites binds to the element and prevents it from being distributed properly. It's important to always consider how eggs are added to a diet in order to prevent this kind of vitamin deficiency.
  5. Goat's Milk and Cow's Milk - In addition to calcium and other healthy items, milks are also a source of biotin for the body.
  6. Berries and Fruits - Some types of berries, including strawberries and raspberries, can get the body a significant amount of biotin. These fruits also provide antioxidants and health benefits, as part of a natural, whole food approach to eating. Experts recommend buying local and organic when possible.
  7. Halibut - In addition to being "brain food," this fish also contains large amounts of biotin. Think about adding it as an occasional entre.
  8. Vegetables - Other vegetables like onions, cucumbers and cauliflower all contain biotin, and are healthy ways to fit this vitamin into meals.

Why take a pill supplement when great food exists out there that have just as much.

Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

Well, I can afford supplement pills bettr than I can afford buying all that food. It's hard to eat althy on a fixed income of $700/mth but I'm actually wasting $7.00/mth if they're not working for me! But then the ones I buy come from Walmart so yeah, they prolly are a placebo!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form