Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Friends Finally Noticing

ღHippie Loveღ
@hippie-love
12 years ago
80 posts

So, when I started to dread my third set of dreads non of my friends had notice until today. Well I'm wondering how long others took for you all to notice your dreads? I know most of my friends that are from high school and they just dont care because their use to me having dreads anyways. It's just my new Missouri friends that are like what the hell are you doing to your hair? I think it's funny though. I guess it's the fact that they never seen a down to earth Bow Hunting Country Girl with dreads before... Hehe, loving all the comments they make.

updated by @hippie-love: 02/14/15 08:32:07AM
krock
@krock
12 years ago
20 posts

my own mom didn't notice the first two weeks of twist n rip no joke i see her every day sad and funny at the same time.

ღHippie Loveღ
@hippie-love
12 years ago
80 posts

Lol, my husband notices everything I do to my hair or anything that matters. My Step father though he live in California and he been through my first 2 set of dreads in High School and loved them. Now that I'm a mother to my son and a wife. He still loves them and been following my third, but final set Dreadlocks Journey. My step brothers fiance loves them on me as well. Now I'm wondering what and when I start school again this next year January what all my new classmate will think. Thank god I have my step brother and his fiance will be in some of my classes.

krock said:

my own mom didn't notice the first two weeks of twist n rip no joke i see her every day sad and funny at the same time.

k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

people still dont know whats up with my hair and im 9 months in. they dont look like dreads, but people say cool hair

ღHippie Loveღ
@hippie-love
12 years ago
80 posts

Wow, that's just weird. Do they not ask you what your doing or what?

k money said:

people still dont know whats up with my hair and im 9 months in. they dont look like dreads, but people say cool hair

Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
Funny thing about mine is that I started with a dread perm so everyone noticed right away n said they look pretty good. Now 4 months later after just washing and seperating they are getting messy and dreading like they should and now everyone thinks they look bad. Crazy what peoples perception of dreads are
ღHippie Loveღ
@hippie-love
12 years ago
80 posts

Joey the messiness is all of the process though. I love the messy stage.

Joey mipanyarack said:

Funny thing about mine is that I started with a dread perm so everyone noticed right away n said they look pretty good. Now 4 months later after just washing and seperating they are getting messy and dreading like they should and now everyone thinks they look bad. Crazy what peoples perception of dreads are
jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
12 years ago
175 posts

stay positive , u have a good outlook about a negative comment so i think ll be fine. u have went through it twice before lol its all good right! i noticed bad reactions an neg comments almost immediately there r no dred heads around in my city Janesville WI there are some in Madison my states capital tho. so i dont have any dreded friends in physical form by me to spend time with just chat on here. but my breakup with my bf i was already dreding and he supported me on it 100% but there were tons other issues we had should say he had lol that led to us break after 3 yrs an engaged. i am a single mother of two now but i am pretty well used to it. lol i got this lol.

updated by @jazzymomma: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
Exactly hippie love. That's why its funny how others view dreads. When it was forced and fake they liked it. Now that it is starting to get messy and recover they don't. Oh well, I like them no matter what
ღHippie Loveღ
@hippie-love
12 years ago
80 posts

My friends are getting use to my messy baby dreads already so it was just all so new to them having someone they know with dreads.

jazzymomma said:

stay positive , u have a good outlook about a negative comment so i think ll be fine. u have went through it twice before lol its all good right! i noticed bad reactions an neg comments almost immediately there r no dred heads around in my city Janesville WI there are some in Madison my states capital tho. so i dont have any dreded friends in physical form by me to spend time with just chat on here. but my breakup with my bf i was already dreding and he supported me on it 100% but there were tons other issues we had should say he had lol that led to us break after 3 yrs an engaged. i am a single mother of two now but i am pretty well used to it. lol i got this lol.

updated by @hippie-love: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form