Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My mostly neglect/ some tnr timeline! almost 3 months so far

Kootabootz
@kootabootz
12 years ago
29 posts

So I'm at almost 3 months. I am so very happy so far. I'm not bothered by the mess, the frizz, and i'm in love with my bumps and loops. I'm making this timeline mostly for my own record so here I go!

Pre throwing away my brush. I'd been doing bs/ acv wash for about a year at this stage and my hair was a nightmare

So 2 days in Sep 28

16 Oct ( 10 days shy of a month ) i'd done some tnr at this stage and brushed out a lot

November 10, everything had unravelled, loose hair everywhere, and unmanagable. had to separate 2 Huge uncomfortable dreads at the top back of my head. My 2 became 6

Then Nov 26. things had gone wild :) loops, bumps, frizz, tight spots, and having to separate like crazy. I think that's when I really let it go, and stopped trying to make them "NICE"

Now Today Dec 13 ( almost at 3 months) I have the beginnings of what I think will be MAJOR shrinkage!. I have some very tight spots now, and my dreads have their own personality. I have heard all types of criticism, my Oma tried to attack me with a comb on more than one occasion, and i have received unwanted advice about crocheting, and wax to 'fix' my dreads, But have started to get my first compliments as well from strangers. I love my babies, and can't wait to see what they do next :)

you can still see my remaining tnr ones. I wish I never did it

updated by @kootabootz: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
ღHippie Loveღ
@hippie-love
12 years ago
80 posts

Awesome, almost 3 months congrats.

Kootabootz
@kootabootz
12 years ago
29 posts

thanks cupcake :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

major progress awesome they look great

i was wondering why u tnr'd when at 2 days they made aweso,e progress

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kootabootz
@kootabootz
12 years ago
29 posts

cos I hadn't learned patience :) lesson learned now though

soaring eagle said:

major progress awesome they look great

i was wondering why u tnr'd when at 2 days they made aweso,e progress

Kelly O
@kelly-o
12 years ago
3 posts

Oh they look great!! Im so excited for you!

BeauZay
@beauzay
12 years ago
92 posts

niiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!

Kootabootz
@kootabootz
11 years ago
29 posts

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!! so over new years I've had some mad shrinking going on :) I'm a little nervous about how short it is going to get as I'm getting married in april, and was hoping for some length, but they are getting really tight and rad

it's sooooo loopy

updated by @kootabootz: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form