Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I almost feel stereotypical

Stephen Delius
@stephen-delius
12 years ago
2 posts

Studying liberal arts (in particular philosophy) and starting dreads somehow sounds cliche. There's a bit more to me, though. Some of it confirms the stereotype, some does not.

I have an interest in ethnobotany and modern herbalism. I love backpacking and would do so barefoot if my posture allowed it (naturopath/chiropractor says no). I smoke damiana and lotus from a pipe, along with purple archangel and purple henbit when they are in season. I meditate (though not as regularly as I should). I dabble in macrame. I have a certain affection for crystals and stones. I work leather and wood when I have the time, tools and materials (sometimes when I lack the right tool, even). I have a basic working knowledge of flintknapping. I have recorded Powhatan ancestors and Cherokee ancestors who avoided recording (though some born in NC ended up in OK in the late 1800s), and I would like to reconnect with some of this heritage. I dream of starting a homestead. I have dabbled in jewelrymaking, silverwork, precious metal clay, lapidary work, and green coal blacksmithing. I was homeschooled at some points, and am a highschool dropout with my GED.

I am also an Eagle Scout. I have consistently been an A/B student. I worked in IT for a hospital corporation for about four years. I was raised Catholic. My own spiritual experiences and those of others have lead me to move from being Catholic to being more catholic. I am studying at a Dominican college. I once thought I was called to the priesthood (but celibacy just isn't my thing). As of today I have been married for 2.5 years. I love designing and building custom computers, from planning to research, to assembly, to installation and deployment. I was once a youth minister. I almost became an engineer or programmer (though I suppose that may still happen). I am a talented and very undisciplined writer. I used to be an avid gamer (and likely still would be had I the cash to sink on the software and better hardware). I love working with spreadsheets. Basic algebra, geometry and other logical functions tend to come naturally for me, and I love them. I played Magic: the Gathering for some years, and have recently been enticed to start up again (darn college youngins!).

I have been advocating a beard competition and pistachio eating competition at school (mainly because I think I would win).

Well, I think it is time to rinse the baking soda out. Peace and blessings!

-Stephen Delius

updated by @stephen-delius: 01/13/15 09:41:17PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

damianas nice but try it with mulien

maybe a pinch of sage

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Stephen Delius
@stephen-delius
12 years ago
2 posts

I was originally using mullein as well, but it doesn't agree with me (leads to harsh congestion). I'll have to add sage sometime.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

hmm id think it would act like an expectorant and break up congestion making it easier to cough it out muliens used for asthma sometimes

its also the only herb that when mixed with "the sacred other" as the mullienites call marijuana that completely hides the smell

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form