Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

shampoo bars

katietheladi
@katietheladi
12 years ago
34 posts

i'm considering getting the dreadlock shampoo bars that everyone is raving about but since i have to get it shipped internationally i want to make sure its worth the money.

how long does a bar typically last you?

does anyone in australia or new zealand have another product they would recommend?

cheers :)

updated by @katietheladi: 01/13/15 09:41:16PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

1 guy i thini[-k in new zealand imported a case or 2 and sells them localy..or at least did maybe sold out now and i might have the wrong country too

its hard to say how long a bar lasts since when it gets thin i stick it to a new bar and eventualy have 3 or 4 thin bars sandwiched together

plus she sends me alot free cause i set up the shops for gher so im always alternating diferent bars based on my mood (or rarely scalp condition)

they do last a good while though

ill give you a tip though the shippings flat rate so if u buy 1 bar the shipping seems high but if you fill the shopping cart till the shipping goes up then remove 1 you can get i think 4 or 5 maybe even 6 for the same shipping charge

i would guess 6 bars would last u a good while

(

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

I ordered five bars to make best use of the shipping, I'm in Australia. I'm not sure how long they will last though, I only just started using it. I love this shampoo, I won't use anything else. I highly recommend it, so does everyone that uses it though. :)

Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

The bar I just on Friday, I'm doing a little experiment with. I cut it in half and have the one hald in the soap dish and te other half in my bedroom wrapped up away from any moisture to see if it can last more than 1.5mths. I'm still gonna wash as usual 2 - 3 times a week to see IF it'll last a little bit longer!

Hans Miniar Jónsson
@hans-miniar-jnsson
12 years ago
74 posts

Iceland here.

Had to email 'em to place my order, because ordering through the website resulted in an error. They were most accommodating and very helpful. It was no trouble at all to help me make sure that the order got sent my way.

I ordered 2 bars about a month ago, gave one to a friend who'd threatened to "steal" one of my locks so she could have the scent (and to make sure that it got used, not vacuum-packed and left in the freezer and forgotten... or eaten by the dogs.. who are convinced the tasty smelling hockey-puck sized cake is a big treat).
Anyway, a whole bar lasts me somewhere between three and five months.
I wash my hair ONLY with this shampoo, it's the only one I use.
I use it to wash my hair once to twice a week, depending on how messy it gets.

I plan to place a larger order later, as a number of my friends are falling in love with how my hair smells and how soft it feels, and the simple fact that I tell 'em they can use the shampoo and not "lock up" if they brush their hair and use a non-silicone based conditioner (preferably acholesterolone).

katietheladi
@katietheladi
12 years ago
34 posts

thanks guys

SE- i think i saw an add for some on one of the classifieds sites here but they were all sold out.

Tim- was 5 all that could fit in the 16.95 shipping fee?

i emailed her because i saw it was 16.95 for orders up to 30$ and i was wondering about bigger orders, she said that package has gone up in size so she can fit more now.

i ordered a dr bronners but didnt pay enough attention to the size and i got a dinky little travel size haha so i thought i better do my research on this one since its coming from a lot farther away

Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

Yeah, Vicki told me she could fit five in the $16.95 package. Depending on far along your dreads are, the lockin up shampoo is really good for new dreads, it really really locks them up. Just a thought, you could get some of the liquid shampoo and some bars. :).

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form