Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

loos dreads and too much loose hair

tyler rakowski
@tyler-rakowski
12 years ago
19 posts

so ive had my dreads for about two years now and im starting to notice a lot and i mean A LOT of hair falling out of my dreads, im talking loose hair in abundance. now i feel as if i should mention that i did not back comb or anything to that effect. i just let the hair do its own thing naturally. my question is, if this continues will my dreads fall out completely? i love my dreads with a burning passion and am terrified of what will happen if they fall out. somebody please help me out with this, any natural dreadheads out there that have had this problem and knows a fix it would be greatly appreciated. im worried itll get so loose that ill just have to take them out and do it again... with love, a fellow dreadhead

ps i added a few pics so you guys can get the gist of whats going on

updated by @tyler-rakowski: 02/14/15 04:17:05AM
Jessica Wilson
@jessica-wilson
12 years ago
17 posts

they are perfect, just so! no need for "fixing". What is locked up will remain locked and in time the loose ones will catch to other locs or form new locs of their own. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

exactly the only change maybe woyld be what u wash with

i condition mine alot when i do the loose hairs start to add up so when theres a ton i do a sea salt rinse once or twice and they lock right up

so what are u washing with

and if your terrified that those fatties will fall apart u might want to see a shrink and tell em your suffering from paranoia

theres no way u could make them fall apart if u tried

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
tyler rakowski
@tyler-rakowski
12 years ago
19 posts

i havent washed in a while SE, but when i do i use dr bronners peppermint soap. i havent used sea salt in a long time

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

How long is "a while"? Washing more often helps more. I wash min every 2-3 days. Any longer than once a week won't help them, it'll just hurt them. The longer you go without washing, the more oils accumulate on your scalp and in your hair. Oily hair doesn't lock up well. It'll even contribute to hairs falling out of locks because they are slippery and dirty. I'm not saying your hair is dirty. Don't get me wrong. But even if it doesn't smell or feel gritty, doesn't make it clean. I'd recommend washing a bit more often. Find yourself a good regiment that works for you. I wash every 2-3 days. Always in the morning. Preferably before 10am.

Find something that works for you and stick with it. Those loose hairs will get sucked back in or create there own locks in no time.

And like Eagle said, your locks look mature enough that nothing is going to make them fall apart. You'd need hours of soaking in conditioner and days of brushing to get 1 of them to come apart

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wash wash wash and bronners might not work in your water if u got hard water try www.dreadlockshampoo.com wash way more often every 3 days is about optimal for most ppl

--
tyler rakowski
@tyler-rakowski
12 years ago
19 posts

weeks baba fatts, weeks is what i meant in a while

tyler rakowski
@tyler-rakowski
12 years ago
19 posts

it got worse after i washed with salt...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

was it sea salt or table salt did you wash with it otr spray it on 2 hours b4 u wash

are you washing regularly now

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

weeks As in more then 1 ids way too long once a week should be the minumum 2-3 times a weeks alot better

tyler rakowski said:

weeks baba fatts, weeks is what i meant in a while

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form