Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

ANYONE HAVE LESS THAN 20 DREADS?????????????????

Carly Lavallee
@carly-lavallee
12 years ago
30 posts

Just wondering bc i only have 17 on my whole head and everyone i know has s0o0o0o much more. If you do have 20 or less plz post a pic!!!!

updated by @carly-lavallee: 01/13/15 09:40:58PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i dont but emily (theres alot of emilys) with the long thick dreads (upsidedown) in the slideshow or new vid has 13 i think chevelletrant on here has 17 baba has around or below 20 i think

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Carly Lavallee
@carly-lavallee
12 years ago
30 posts

thanks im going to see if i can find them!

Hannah Marie2
@hannah-marie2
12 years ago
6 posts
I also have 17 but imma noob to the dread world :)
jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
12 years ago
175 posts

actually i hav exactly 20 of them :) not sure wt the goin number is but i seem to like how many i have. just hears some people have names for theirs lol

ღHippie Loveღ
@hippie-love
12 years ago
80 posts
I have 12 so far underneath.
Carly Lavallee
@carly-lavallee
12 years ago
30 posts

i hate how mine are not evenly spaced out seams like all mine are on the sides of my head and none in the back ..,lol.

amethyst777
@amethyst777
12 years ago
95 posts

I used to worry about this... In fact I combed out my 3 month old dreads because I thought I must have sectioned them wrong... That wasn't the best idea I've ever had lol! I restarted them on Halloween and I started with 40 (my previous set had 25) I made the sections as tiny as I could and still have hair in them (lol) 40 was all I got. Both sets I let section on their own before doing a tiny bit of TnR. This set has managed to section itself almost exactly the same as the first did. So now I think I have around 35 (somedays I have a few more, some days a few less). I did resection the part to a more natural place so because of that I like this set better. My hair is naturally long, straight, fine, and silky. There is absolutely no way I can have more dreads than I do. I just don't have enough hair to have more.
Having said all that, with the dreads, my hair appears fuller, I can do more with it, I can wear hair ties and stuff that would just slide out of my hair before I started the dreads.
I read posts all the time about the number of dreads people have. Some people posts something like "I have 1000000047666 dreads" haha! To be honest, there are people with really thick hair that do have lots of locks, but I've found from reading that most that post a seemingly outrageous number of dreads, are just starting out and are counting the sections that they have rather than full out dreads. Once this set started turning out exactly like the last one, I started some research and it seems that most people, with my hair type, have somewhere between 15 (larger dreads) to 50 (very tiny dreads). So I think you're probably ok. It depends on so many things. Hair type, thickness, etc... Mostly I wouldn't worry just enjoy the journey :) If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have brushed my first set out. Hope I helped some.
I haven't posted a pic of this set, but the video of my first set is in my profile, since this set turned out pretty much the same, it gives you an idea... also, they are wet in that vid.. :)

Kierstin Marie
@kierstin-marie
12 years ago
2 posts

My little head and thin hair allow me to have like 14

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form