dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Knots at the tips

Arlequine Mardoll
@arlequine-mardoll
12 years ago
11 posts

Hello beautiful people,

I need your wisdom on a maybe silly question that is bothering me at the moment. I've been now a bit more than a week into freeform dreadlocks and I start having quite big knots forming. My hair are pretty curly and the tips normally form pig-tail-like loops. A few big knots have formed just there, at the very tip of my hair, and form hair balls.

I've read about dread tips that should preferably be a bit loose, or at least not blunted, to let the water out and dry more easily. Could it then be a problem, how my knots are forming right at the tips? Or is "artificial" blunting only that is not recommended?

updated by @arlequine-mardoll: 01/13/15 09:40:45PM
Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
Some, I should say a lot, of mt dreads have been doing this too. I'm 4 months in, and they eventually form into little pebbly balls at the end of your dread, then the res of the dread starts to form. Once it goes through that stage, it starts shrinking in on its self and your left with a ziggy zaggy dread with blunted end that does hold the water more. I love how they look. just pay extra attention to them to make sure they are drying. Once I'm able ill post pics of their stages cause I have all stages on my head.
Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts
I had lots like that. I did TnR and all came loose. On some all that was left were little hair balls but it eventually worked itself out. It kept the section together and then dreaded up. I'm at 7 months now and I'ts all even.. Can't tell witch had balls at the end. Patience, time will fix it. And yeah, they have blunted tips, but its no big deal, kinda look cool all mixed up.
Arlequine Mardoll
@arlequine-mardoll
12 years ago
11 posts

Thanks for your answers :) Actually I don't mind having balls at the end or not, but I would like to minimize the risks of my (future) dreads not drying well. Thus I would have prefered not blunted tips ! But I'll see how it evolves and if it poses a problem later I'll figure out something...

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form