dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

LUSH solid shampoo and my progress :)

River Darling
@river-darling
12 years ago
11 posts

https://www.lush.co.uk/product/372/Squeaky-Green-Solid-Shampoo-Bar
Wondering if anyone has used this? Or what they think of the ingredients?
My dreads are now tight enough they don't catch my earrings in my sleep and having them down in bed has helped them mature and their roots tighten up so much! desperate to use a healthier shampoo, or acv and bs rinses. I've used L'Oreal a lot and don't want build up!!

updated by @river-darling: 01/13/15 09:40:44PM
NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
12 years ago
170 posts
It has got sodium lauryl sulfate in it, which can leave residues, and is in general not something you want to use a whole lot of.
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

sodium lauryl sulfate won't leave residue since its a stripping agent. it will dry out your hair though. i've used some of their bars but i alternate with healthier options to avoid the drying effects.

River Darling
@river-darling
12 years ago
11 posts

Thanks Heather! That's interesting. What are the healthier options that you use?

Heather said:

sodium lauryl sulfate won't leave residue since its a stripping agent. it will dry out your hair though. i've used some of their bars but i alternate with healthier options to avoid the drying effects.

River Darling
@river-darling
12 years ago
11 posts

I've just tried my first bs/acv rinse but I used malt vinegar as an alternative.Surprisinglysoft in the shower but as someone who currently has mixed dreads and loose hair it made my loose hair very, very hard to brush, I see why it's so good for the locking process!! Also really interesting, which lush bar do you use?

Zom-B83 said:

I use lush seanik and i have had really good results with it. there is a video of a women who uses lush products. she split one of her dreads and there was no residue or anything in any of the hair. people all have a preference for what they wash with. i love my lush shampoo and i can't handle the bs/acv rinse. to each there own.

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts
I usually alternate between bs/acv and organic shampoo. My current favorite is Kiss My Face Whenever shampoo.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form