dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sea Salt spray help?

Logan2
@logan2
12 years ago
17 posts

Hey ladies and gents,

My locks are 3 1/2 weeks old. I'm just about to go a pet shop to get some sea salt for my locks. My question to you guys is, today is my wash day. I was my hair every 3/4 days. After i spray it on my hair and leave it on for the 10-20 minutes and i rinse it, can I wash my hair after with Dr. Bronner's or BS like usual? Or does the spray count for a wash?

PS:

I've only been using BS wash but just got my Dr. Bronner's in the mail yesterday and have predeluted it 1/13 water. Is it okay to use it now? or should I wait awhile and keep using BS or does it not matter how soon i use Dr. Bronner's? Thanks in advance everybody.

updated by @logan2: 02/14/15 08:46:41AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

It doesn't matter which soap you use, whether the Dr. B's or BS wash. You can alternate, even, if you want.

The sea salt itself does not count as a wash. If helps dry out your hair, but will overly dry it and damage it if you don't wash it out well. Rinsing is good enough if you're in a hurry (Like at the beach), but don't use it alone.

Logan2
@logan2
12 years ago
17 posts
Thank you sir! So after I rinse it out well, should I wash it with a shampoo or wait to wash it for another 3-4 days?
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

After you rinse it out, wash like normal. You don't have to wait at all. In fact I wouldn't, just be sure that it's all out, if not to just wash more often. Washing every 2-3 days is best for younger locks, anyway

Jonathan Farr
@jonathan-farr
12 years ago
6 posts

is there any specific sea salt to get?

Logan2
@logan2
12 years ago
17 posts
I went to pet smart and got this brand called instant ocean. I heard that real sea salt like this is good because ocean sea salt has special minerals that help with your hair... But I could be wrong lol
Logan2
@logan2
12 years ago
17 posts
And thanks Baba Fats! I appreciate all the help!
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Yes ultimately you want to use sea salt for aquariums, not food grade sea salt.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I use food grade, but that's only because I haven't gotten to a pet store for it yet. But food grade salt has anti-caking agents that tend to be toxic

Logan2
@logan2
12 years ago
17 posts
@Baba Fats wow that doesn't seem too healthy! Haha
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form