Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Tams... mostly

Hans Miniar Jónsson
@hans-miniar-jnsson
12 years ago
74 posts

I've been playing with the crochet hook and gotten into the habit of crocheting.
I'll call it a habit because honestly, that's what it is.
It's become something I'm doing practically all the time.
I carry crocheting project in process in my bag with me!

SO!
I decided to try and find new homes for my work as I just can't justify keeping all these tams for myself!

I have tossed 'em up on a facebook page, but it's in Icelandic, and I haven't found the time to make an etsy properly yet,.. so For the moment I'm "shopless" really, but I'm going to share some of my work with you here and you all can tell me what you think, or tell me if you want one, and I'll make it happen. ;)

The yarn is of various types, some wool, some acrylic... Mostly wool though.
I've been taking approx 20usd per hat (one-price is easier than trying to muck about with excess calculating) though for overseas orders I will ask for another 5usd to cover shipping.

Opinions are VERY welcome!

(Some pics below, can find the rest of 'em on http://www.facebook.com/BlindaNalin )

updated by @hans-miniar-jnsson: 01/19/15 11:13:35PM
Bree
@bree
12 years ago
19 posts

I think they look great! Have you ever tried using cotton yarn? I would love one but, I think that wool would be too hot in Florida :)

Hans Miniar Jónsson
@hans-miniar-jnsson
12 years ago
74 posts

I haven't as of yet, but I can keep an eye out. ;)

Coco Chloe
@coco-chloe
12 years ago
16 posts
So pretty. I love the red/brown one. :)
Hans Miniar Jónsson
@hans-miniar-jnsson
12 years ago
74 posts

The red-brown ones are made from Randalna which is a wool-based yarn and so it can be a little bit scratchy if your skin is sensitive. But it's an awesome yarn to work with, the slow transition of colour makes for a pretty tam. The wool breathes really nicely too, so it's a little too chilly for most of the Icelandic winter, but it's warm enough for the fall when the colours match the natural surrounding perfectly ;)

Amanda; I'm open to trades as well, cause while money's something I can't possibly live without (you know, cause.. basic necessities demand it) I'm hard pressed to see it as something more than simply multicoloured pieces of paper.

Hans Miniar Jónsson
@hans-miniar-jnsson
11 years ago
74 posts

Just uploaded 5 more to the facebook page. (This includes 1 mottled coloured 100% cotton hat, see if you can find it!)

I'm looking into setting up an Etsy account as well, anyone wanna tell me whether that's a good idea?

Mogli
@mogli
11 years ago
6 posts

nice work with the tams

Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

cool man this would do better than a hoodie.

Hans Miniar Jónsson
@hans-miniar-jnsson
11 years ago
74 posts

Welp! I did it...
I made an Etsy!

Just Look!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form