Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I've noticed...

Katie Fairchild2
@katie-fairchild2
12 years ago
9 posts

It seems that the twist and rip method leads to a lot of kinks and loops in dreadlocks...where as the back comb method leads to smooth round dreadlocks. I Twist and ripped mine...very tiny dreads...I'm wanting them to fatten up but they seem to be flattening and looping instead. I dont want to walk around with flat loop locks. should I combine some?

updated by @katie-fairchild2: 01/13/15 09:40:32PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I'm a bit confused. Those look just fine. Even back combed locks get kinks and bumps in them. That's not a phenomenon only in TnR locks. If done correctly, any starter method untangles a bit. From there, they tangle back up, and loop and get bumpy on their own. If you constantly re back comb them, they won't get loops, but they never mature, either. You're constantly keeping them in theirjuvenilestage.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

all dreads get loopy just alot of backcombers use wax crochet palm rolling etc etc etc because they are scared of loops

no u shouldnt combine any yet too soon they will fattem up alot letthemmature 1st and u will have fat loopy dreads for awhile get used to it see the beauty in it they are dreading the way they should be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Meijka
@meijka
12 years ago
23 posts

I like to add wraps to my flat ones. I do enjoy the loops so I would use the criss cross way of wrapping. I keep my maintenance minimal hoping for some fatties. So far I have three fat congos that joined at the root, then I braided the rest of it together. Now they are fat tight congos =)

Coloursnrainbows
@coloursnrainbows
12 years ago
21 posts
I did backcomb mine as a starter method. And now nearly three months later. I have lots and lots of loops and zig zags. Some are very crazy looking
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I backcombed mine to start then let them go. After about 4 weeks or so (I think) I had kinks and loops in every single dreadie. A couple months ago I TnRed one section at the nape of my neck then put a heavy bead and a wrap on it, it didn't unravel but when I took them off it started kinking. It just happens, that's the beauty of new locs!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form