Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lumpy things?

Riley Wogan
@riley-wogan
12 years ago
2 posts
I've pretty much just stopped brushing my hair for 5 months, and my hair naturally sectioned itself off. but i have a few dreads that have bumps in them. curious if that's normal, or if they'll work themselves out.i can upload a better picture, but that's all i can do right now.btw, i'm Riley! it's nice to be here. Thanks for replies, seeing as i have no friends, or people I know with dreadlocks, it will be nice to get some seasoned input.
updated by @riley-wogan: 08/26/21 02:26:53PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Those are completely normal. They are loops. When you see those showing up, you can be 100% sure that your locks are progressing like they should. Loops pop out once in a while as knots form. They eventually get tangled with other hairs and matted back down. Sometimes they are there for good, but most likely, they go away with time.

Some people around here take pictures of their loops and actually name them.

taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

One day you will miss all of the loops, bumps and craziness. My dreads are mature, but i still have baby dreads form from new growth. The new lumps and zig zags make me happy. I am sure my family is tired of me saying " wow look at this new one...isn't it beautiful"!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

completely normal and depends what u mean by work itself out

some will stay most will go away

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form