dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlocks joining at roots

Claire-lou
@claire-lou
12 years ago
5 posts

Ok so I have a few questions..

First of all my dreads are new, only one month old. I started with the twist and rip and just left them. They unravelledand stated to knot. But now most of my dreads are joining fiercely at the roots, I have tried to pull them apart, which is painful, and to no avail. By morning there back together! What should I be doing about this?SurelyIcannotleave them this way? I will ended up with like four dreads at this rate?!

Also all my hair is dreading and knotting except the very ends, which im not to bothered by but the back of head is not knotting at all. I have even tried back combing them to get themgoingbut they just unravel. My hair is super fine and soft. Ihaven'tconditionedfor a month. At the back my hair is only 6-7 inches long, is this too short to dread?Doesanyone have any tips?

updated by @claire-lou: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

when u say at the roots do u mean flat against the scalp or extending up the dread bodies away from the scalp u can only seperate whats between dreads v=but away from the acalp

the back wikl catch up leave it alone

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
12 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Claire-lou. Baba Fats has posted a video on how to separate dreads. Maybe that will help you.

Claire-lou
@claire-lou
12 years ago
5 posts

Hmm about 5mm from the roots and up, some like 2 inches or so of joining. Ill try find that video thanks. Last night I tried toseparatesome after I washed them. The worst lot, there was about 6 or so that had strongly joined together!

BlasphemyBlack
@blasphemyblack
12 years ago
35 posts

think it might be a side affct of the bleach! mine do that too on top, where ive been bleaching and dying it for years. bleach does affect tthe hair scale composition so maybe it would do something to the dreading process, the rootswont have been bleached/dyed as much an so a slightly different texture and will matt differently.

P.s turquoise hair rocks!! :D

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form