Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The First Steps, not working so well....

Ryan6
@shiftyeyes
12 years ago
19 posts
So I'm about two weeks into my journey and I've hit what I consider to be a pretty big road block. I'm no stranger to dreads, I've had them twice before granted both times were back combed and waxed. Which needless to say were annoying, troublesome, and uncomfortable. So I decided (after convincing my girlfriend) to go the natural route considering the lack of wax and combing I felt this would finally be the end game to my dreadlock woes. But now I've hit a wall.My hair is really thick and to make sure I can start locks I did a test run of a single TnR lock which worked well so I figured the process can start. So onward I went with no combing (Working well) and BS & ACV wash. This is where the wall is after my first wash with BS in cold water, I read cold water would stop itching and dandruff. The results were not so nice, my hair looked like I hadn't washed it in weeks. Really greasy and just dirty looking. So I tweaked a few things, went to warm water and less BS in my mixture. Results were the same with more itching, and a familiar smell came about. My hair smelled the same as when I had dreadlocks 7 years earlier. It was a wax smell. I went straight to the shower and used the bar soap I had been using before, my hair is still sectioning and isn't greasy.So what is going on? There's no way I think I could still have wax in my hair from almost a decade ago. Is there anyone here that could give me some insight into this problem? I like the idea of a natural wash with BS and ACV but if it's doing more harm than good then I have to shelve it. I'm not really interested in buying "Dreadlock" specific products because in my past encounters it's always just been a scam to buy something that you just don't "need". Again any insight would help out before I just abandon the path until my hair get's super long.
updated by @shiftyeyes: 01/13/15 09:40:14PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wax can survive a decade of wsashing..in dreads if its been straight hair for 10 years id be less likely to belive it

but weve nhad more then 1 say they used wax on 1 set then combed it out and started a second set that still were waxy

the dreadlockshampoo.com soap s are very worth it the wax remover too tho if your hairs not drezded dawn dish soap and very hot warer should get it out of straight hair easy enough

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ryan6
@shiftyeyes
12 years ago
19 posts
I used irish spring bar soap and it's better. But it weirded me out that that smell came back. I've had short hair and no wax anywhere near my hair for almost 8 years. It's not going to deter me I've decided to press on and just let it do what it's gonna do. But I'll keep the bar soap until I try that dreadlock shampoo. I just think I'm not a BS ACV person I guess.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

post traumatic stress disorder

you were having a wax flashback

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ryan6
@shiftyeyes
12 years ago
19 posts
Probably true. I should be happy I didn't lock myself in the bathroom with a lice comb and knotty boy dread wax. To this day that smell makes me sick.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If it's greasy after the BS/ACV wash, cut down or out of the ACV. Greasy hair means it's too acidic. ACV is an acid, it will make your hair more greasy.

If you keep using this wash, use the 1/2 cup BS to 5 cups water ratio, but no ACV until your hair stops being greasy. Once it stops, you can SLOWLY reintroduce the ACV, in small amounts, to your routine.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form