Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

tnr/neglect method. coming undone. nopoo

slagslagslag
@slagslagslag
12 years ago
2 posts

been trying this out for a bit, tnr to start with on oct30. very wiry, very defined.
the dreads from tnr stayed in for less than a week, and only one or two have stayed. it is now the straightest it has ever been since starting can i wash my hair more than once every two/three days?. i washed my hair today, and all of them but one finally came undone. the hair itself is still sectioned/sectioning, i've some tangles, and one "dread" or clump of hair that feels a bit solid. could this be because of warm water and not using shampoo?
even though i'm only 19 days in, i worry that my hair won't dread within the span of months. it's thick, straight, and refuses to tangle much even when it was much longer.
i've never combed my hair to begin with and have not used shampoo/products for months. i've been avoiding washing the hair itself for a while, but perhaps a buildup of oil prevents the process from progressing? how should i wash my hair anyway? it's hard to remove oil while also not moving the hair/roots around much. right now i just soak it and flip around different layers under warm water to get it clean.
i want results that will stay and definitely progress, otherwise it may just not be for me. picture is from a few days before two showers. i leave one spraying of saltwater in for a day or two between showers. i'm thinking that maybe washing before sleeping might give better results though. thoughts, answers?
oh, and hi. i'm new

updated by @slagslagslag: 01/13/15 09:40:01PM
KrazyKabel
@krazykabel
12 years ago
8 posts

hello!

i am 4 months into my tnr. I have very straight hair. i used the tnr because i knew my hair would take FOREVER to dread on its own. Even still i had to re do the back of my head twice and even still ill randomly find chunks of hair that have come undone. I have decided not to let i stress me out. when i find a chunk i just tnr it a little and leave it be. if it locks great if not oh well. I did use rubber bands on my ends. as for the back i left them in for a long time. some of them still have the rubber bands in. lots and lots of patience is all i can tell you. i wash my hair every 3-4 days with suave clarifying shampoo. never done the sea salt spray myself but i do think going to the beach in thebeginningis helpful.

well good luck with your dreadies and remember lots of patience and love make beautiful and healthy dreads :o)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

take the bands out never re-tenr and it wilol dread on its owen

dont use suave!

no wonder your having trouble

now original poster]

your not washing your rinsing

u got to wash

use the baking soda recipie

ash as often as u like

dont leave sea salt in for days never longer then 2 hours never ever ever use rubber bands

it will dread fine if u wash with the right stuff in the right way and dont towel dry

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
slagslagslag
@slagslagslag
12 years ago
2 posts

thanks for the quick responses. two more questions:
is it ok to towel dry by patting? it's below -8 degreesCelsius here... air dry will just = haircicles...
and i don't want to use anything strong on my hair, commercial shampoos = detergents. I can't get baking soda here. Is bar soap ok? how would I use this anyway? All the soaps have additives, I'm not in an english speaking country so I wouldn't even know how to get anything besides bar soaps. I can balance out the ph with some weak acid i'm sure and then just rinse the whole thing out...

Mama Jme
@mama-jme
12 years ago
22 posts
I order baking soda on amazon. Your hair will dread! Have faith! SE knows what he's talking about!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

evcery store that sellds food has bakimg soda and vinager and thats all u need to wash with baking si=oda 1st then rinse then vinager (bs aka bicarbonate soda bread soda or just bicarb 1/2 cup per 5 cups water soak 10 minutes) then a spoonfull or 2 ofvinager apple cider vinagers best in 5 cups water pour then rinse imedietly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form