Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Pretty sure my roots hate me

HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts
I remember reading somewhere around here that when you're sectioning for TnR you don't want hairs from one root crossing with another. Well I'm going natural (2 months in) and the whole underside of the back of my head is dreading pretty fiercely but I'm worried about the roots.With the way my hair chose to section itself, there's a lot of crossing and weaving going on. Ripping them apart won't do anything and if I let them combine they'll be too big for me to deal with.Is this normal or do I need to start over?
updated by @hayleyb124: 01/13/15 09:39:45PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

your fine just when they extend up the dread then u can rip them at the scalp u cant

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

You never want to see scalp showing between locks. There should always be a web of tangled hairs down there. So when you rip, and can't rip anymore without pulling hair out of your scalp, you're done. If there is some hair still connecting the locks, leave it until they need to be separated again

HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts
So it's fine even though some of the root hair from one dread literally comes from inside the middle of a neighboring section's roots?Another problem I've noticed when separating is that my hair doesn't rip. It just stretches. It's probably chemical damage from bleaching and dying it so much in the past but it makes it hard for my hair to not beaver tail in the back.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form