Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

There's a reason...

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

There's a reason that crochet hooks aren't sold in salons. They are sold in art supply stores. Crochet hooks are meant to crochet scarves, hats, sweaters, and other stuff made from yarn and thick thread. Hair is too thin and snaps easily when poked an dripped with each passage through your locks.

There's a reason wax is not sold in salons. Gels are sold there. Hair spray is sold there. Wax is sold in art stores and auto shops. it's used to water proof cars, and other products. When you waterproof your hair, you create little nooks where water gets in, but can't get out. When water sits around and doesn't go anywhere, you get a swamp. Organic mater decays in swamps. Your hair is organic matter. So it stats to decay and rot. Wax creates the perfect environment for mold and mildew to grow.

There's a reason salons ruin locks. Most beauty schools don't teach how to start healthy locks.

updated by @baba-fats: 01/13/15 09:39:30PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

salons did use crochet hooks..about 20 years ago.. just to pull tuffs of hair through holes in lil forms to bleach the tuffs its how frosting used to be done

but the crochet hook carefully pulling hairs through a hole broke too much hair so the practice was stopped and replaced with the foil wrapping we know today

too much hair broke pulling it through a hole..way more hairs broken when you make a hole where nome existed

its just destructive

and the idea behind wax..is just a joke it makes no sense at all

they say residue ..like scent..ruins dreads well scent is airborne molecules..not residue (technically theres a slight residue that evaporates into the air to be smelled by the time the smell fades theres no residue left) wax on the other hand is thick hardens and is waterproof so never comes out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

There's a reason why these bad practices are soprevalent,and it all comes down to money.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I've definitely seen hard core gels sold at salons. I haven't seen wax. But that could be the ones I've been to. Or I could have just not been looking hard enough. When I had a mohawk, I didn't use wax to keep it up. And I was never told to use it. I could have glanced over wax and not even noticed it was there.

Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
I used to have spikes all over my head and I used wax then. I also would curl my mustache with wax lol. I've basically have tried every style. Hopefully dreads will be the last frontier!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form