Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Heeeeeellllllppppppp loose dreads!!!

Lynne Cowley Jones
@lynne-cowley-jones
12 years ago
12 posts
Hello everyone out there, I'm on week 3 and wash with BS every 3 or so days but my dreads are really loosening up :-( my scalp is getting real itchy too. It looks as though some of the dreads that we're in are coming out a little..........is this all normal and what can I do to help it?I have to pull hair back for work is it that that's not helping?HELP hehehehehehe
updated by @lynne-cowley-jones: 08/21/21 03:40:44PM
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

YOu did twist and rip? Any starter method will fall out, or at least loosen drastically. Completely normal. Starter methods are really to establish sections. Just leave them be, they'll loosen, tighten, lossen, tighten. They'll move around, they'll loop and squiggle and kink and do all sorts of crazy things.
For the itchies, do you use any essential oils or rinse after your wash with apple cider vinegar?
Tea tree, rosemary and lavender are all good oils to use to help with dandruff, flakes and itching. The acv will help your scalps pH balance resent so you don't get overly dry and itchy from the bs rinse.

Reppyboyo
@reppyboyo
12 years ago
26 posts

If you did TnR its is normal.
They will loosen up then tighten right up again in time.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

its normal but pulling it vback for work may make it worse can u tie it back looser?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lynne Cowley Jones
@lynne-cowley-jones
12 years ago
12 posts
Ah that may be the problem I don't use Acv after the bs ..... But yes I add lavender to the bs rinse ;-) ........ It's good to know its normal for them to loosen though cheers for advice x

Reppyboyo said:

If you did TnR its is normal.
They will loosen up then tighten right up again in time.

Lynne Cowley Jones
@lynne-cowley-jones
12 years ago
12 posts
Ah that may be the problem I don't use Acv after the bs ..... But yes I add lavender to the bs rinse ;-) ........ It's good to know its normal for them to loosen though cheers for advice xbr/>
Mons said:

YOu did twist and rip? Any starter method will fall out, or at least loosen drastically. Completely normal. Starter methods are really to establish sections. Just leave them be, they'll loosen, tighten, lossen, tighten. They'll move around, they'll loop and squiggle and kink and do all sorts of crazy things.
For the itchies, do you use any essential oils or rinse after your wash with apple cider vinegar?
Tea tree, rosemary and lavender are all good oils to use to help with dandruff, flakes and itching. The acv will help your scalps pH balance resent so you don't get overly dry and itchy from the bs rinse.

Lynne Cowley Jones
@lynne-cowley-jones
12 years ago
12 posts
I do it pretty loose for fear of damaging them ;-) I was thinking though do beads help? Or just leave them to settle alone? X

soaring eagle said:

its normal but pulling it vback for work may make it worse can u tie it back looser?

Reppyboyo
@reppyboyo
12 years ago
26 posts

Personally I didnt bother with beads on mind, probably wont until they mature.

The few on the back of my head reallyloosenedright up as I sleep on my back most of the time.
Move on about 3 months and they are still a bit loose at the roots but they have otherwise turned into the tightest, bumpy,wavydreads I have.

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I found that beads helped my hair lock up. I took a small section of hair, put a heavy-ish bead on it, then a wrap at the bottom of the piece of hair to hold the bead in. I left it for a couple weeks, when I toolkit all off, I had some really great knotting going on. Since I took it off maybe a month or so ago, the knots have kind of moved around, spread out and created a cute little dreadling. On a bigger section of hair that I had combed out, I did TnR then the same thing with a heavy bead and wrap. The TnR stayed, now after several weeks and washes, it's kinking and doing dready things. I've used (am using) beads to encourage two tiny dreads to congo. I'm a big supporter of beads. But that's just me
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form