Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

putting new dreads back ?

emilio gonzalez
@emilio-gonzalez
12 years ago
32 posts

im wondering if putting my tnr'ed pre dreads back with a hair tie would slow my dreading process down ? i put them back with a tie for work to keep my hair out of my face . Also i startedtnr about 2 weeks ago my hair is naturaly wavey and a little curly and about shoulder length would i eventually have shrinkage to the point that i cant put it in a hair tie anymore ? i will have pics up soon lol

updated by @emilio-gonzalez: 01/13/15 09:39:18PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it can yes also can encourage congoing so u will have to separate more

u should tie your dreads back with your dreads not a ie if u can and yea they most lilely will shrink to a point where u cant

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Locks tend to shrink to about 1/3 to 1/2 their original length. So sooner or later, they will shrink so that you can't tie them back. There's a great post about shrinkage around here. It pops up now and then, but you should look it up.

If you can, get a bandanna. That will work much better for keeping your hair back and still letting it move around freely, but out of your face

emilio gonzalez
@emilio-gonzalez
12 years ago
32 posts

thanks yeah i seperate them usually about once a day none have stuck together yet , and not sure if i can tie it with a dread yet, all my dreadies are kinda loose still , im really hoping my hair will look decent about 6 months from now its my wedding day. least it will be in jamica ;)

Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts
I use a shoe lace tied really loosely to pull my hair back for work. I bought the really wide shoelace for sneakers and wear it like an Alice band. Its not elastic do it shouldn't hinder progress to much, the rest of the time my hairs down. If its at your shoulder you probably won't be able to tie them long when shrinkage kicks in.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form