Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Any tips to care for an itchy scalp???

Nicki Herrick
@nicki-herrick
12 years ago
27 posts

I have had my dreads for a little over a year now and I did a baking soda/apple cider vinegar wash in my hair about 7 days ago for the 1st time and i absolutely loved it!!! I can't wait until i can do it again. About how long should I wait? My front hairline has a real tendency to get dry and flaky and the wash really helped, i completely stopped itching. But now I am starting to notice it coming back again. I use pure tea tree oil and occasionally lavender on my scalp to help, but that doesn't last long. (someone told me just applying pure tea tree oil, undiluted, onto your scalp can actually cause it to burn if you have sensitive skin like i do, is this true??) Any recommendations on what i can do?

updated by @nicki-herrick: 08/23/21 03:34:16PM
Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

Wash your hair regularly. 2-3 times per week. After you rinse all the ACV out have a freezing cold rinse. It's a bitunpleasantto begin with, but it takes away all itches for days and also helps with dandruff. So, worth it..

Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

rosemary oil really helps me with this. just put it into your baking soda recipe and about as much as you would use for lavander maybe more if you need it. i get that bad hair line too, and have to wash with bs every 2-3 days to keep it under control. even then its a pain :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if u itch wash why wait 7 or more days u can wash every 3 teatree or any essential oils are very strong andd should be diluted or use a carrier oil

(like jojoba)

anytime u start ti itch its time to wash

how often were u wasshing b4?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Agreed. You should wash whenever your scalp and hair feel like they should be. But for healthy hair, every 2-3 days is best. And like Eagle said, never use any essential oil undiluted on your skin. EO's are caustic and burn your skin. Some are harsher than others. Peppermint being one of the harshest. Any time you use an essential oil, you should dilute it with water or an applicator like jojoba or sweet almond

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form