Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

whats poppin doc?

gabriel
@gabriel
15 years ago
9 posts
Started dreading my hair in like uhhhhh maybe mid june... its starting to get there :P theres like 6 or 7 dreads towards the back that are locked up really well, everything else is still a uhhhhh.... work in progress? Haven't put anything in there besides lemon juice and seal salt (preferably ocean water :). last few days I've been using a new "brew": reallllllllly dark green tea+clementine juice+sea salt. used clementine because I didn't have any extra lemons, doesnt seem to have done any harm :P
updated by @gabriel: 01/13/15 08:29:31PM
Jodie Hyland
@jodie-hyland
15 years ago
23 posts
maybe try without the lemon juice added at all.... i've heard that acid helps close the cuticle of the hair when in reality you want the cuticles to be raised to help lock onto each other. it won't harm to give it a try without the lemon for a while and if you get better results stick with it :)
gabriel
@gabriel
15 years ago
9 posts
I tried not using the lemon for a month or two after I first started, and I have to say that my hair is much better off with it. the new green tea+clementine+salt mix is working really well though, maybe the lemon juice was too acidic?I'm really happy with the results so far though... when I decided to get dreads I didn't want to use any wax/commercial products or have anyone else help me, but I still expected I'd have bangin lookin dreaddies within a month or two. Patience is a virtue though... and now everything is sort of starting to come together :P my main problem now are all the loose hairs between dreads, but I know they'll get pulled in eventually or dread themselves.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form