Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlocks Shampoo bar (tea tree and rosemary)

Justin Roundy
@justin-roundy
12 years ago
10 posts

Hello everyone, I just would like to give a heads up about the dreadlocks shampoo bar. The bar lathers wonderfully and smells great. There are very few dreadies around here so the smell of rosemary has become a trademark Justin thing to my friends. Unfortunately I have had major flaky scalp issues and, although the bar cleaned out the body of my dreads (a quality not to be ignored), it left my scalp awfully flaky! It was as though my scalp was back to square one. As such I am returning to a mix of peppermint dr bronners, tea tree dr bronners, and lots of rosemary essential oil. I'll use the bar occasionally on the body of my dreads to keep them cleaned out, but that procedure will be followed by the shampoo mix that I had already been using.

Cheers,

~Justin

EDIT

Hey everyone, Sorry to resurrect the dead, but I wanted to update this thread with my shampoo bar experience.

I kept on using the bar, and things began to even out, especially after I began to use cold water to wash my hair. My head was always a little itchy and flaky six hours after washing though. This past week (after looking up some advice on the forums) I began to wash my hair with very hot water through the entire washing process, rubbing the soap in with my palms. After all the soap was out I began rinsing my hair with drinking-level-cold water. I have had nearly NO FLAKES. It's wonderful, and the itchies are all but gone as well.

I highly recommend the tea tree and rosemary bar to any and all dread heads. It has fairly much solved my scalp problems, just use hot water to wash/rinse, then rinse again with cold water and I have found this stuff to be great.

Cheers

-Justin

updated by @justin-roundy: 01/13/15 09:38:43PM
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

i'm not sure but i thought i had read someone elses experience & they needed an "adjustment period" just one wash & they were a mess, but after using it for a while their scalp adjusted & it worked as wanted/needed. i don't know if you'd want to try to stick it out for a while & see if it gets better or just switch back & forth like you were saying. food for thought.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

dandruff and dreading seem to go hand in hand for me. ive tried the dragons blood bar and patchouli bars and they worked great..i like to use them to scrub my scalp one every while and it feels great. thing is that my hair doesnt like to let go of things, like dead skin so close to the roots. dunno of this helps but i would give it a cuople more tries to see if it helps. plus rosemary is great for relieving itch n such man.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i wouldnt i would stick with the bar fir a few weeks and see i guarantee it will help the dandruff way more then bronners will ..just keep using it and yiu will see

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

i would trust these product enough to go wityh what SE just said. they surely helped my progress, and if anything that what you get out of em :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form