Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

locking for the second time

aaron5
@aaron5
12 years ago
1 posts

Hey everyone. My name is Aaron and I made the mistake of going to a loctician the first time i tried to lock my hair. She two strand twisted, crocheted and used a ton of wax and told me not to wash my hair for a month or two. After 3 months of seeing her, I went to another loctician who decided to wrap my hair in fake hair. after a year of keeping up that monthly maintenance I realized I had spent about 1000+ dollars over the course of seeing these two locticians and was left with hair that was neat, but covered with wax and left with clumps of fake hair in it that would not come out no matter how hard I tried. I regretfully decided to cut it and start over. So one year later, im back to locking it, this time the right way, by just letting it be. So far its almost going to be 4 months of not combing, But unfortunately in doing this method, im being told by numerous people that I look like a bum. My job is giving me shit about it, and my mom is so desperate to get me to stop doing this, that shes actually offering me 400 bucks to cut it, and to never do it again so long as im living under her roof (which is tempting cause im really broke). After finding myself standing in front of the mirror with clippers in my hand (since im impulsive), I realized I needed some motivation, which is why I decided to sign up on here. Hopefully from viewing other peoples journeys, it will inspire me to continue, and not to give up.

updated by @aaron5: 01/13/15 09:38:38PM
eva
@eva
12 years ago
38 posts

Hi Aaron :) I agree with Amanda about people always going to be judging you ! But, it truly is just hair, and YOUR hair afterall lol. A lot of parents don't really like them, but will learn to accept them eventually ahah! But if it really is a issue you could consider twist and rip !! Thats what I did.They look really neatcompared to the natural process. But youre so far in the natural it would be such a shame to comb them out :( Keep going strong and continue with your dread journey. Good luck and post some pictures !!

Love and peace.

jacquie2
@jacquie2
12 years ago
24 posts

cant you wer a tam or cap to cover your hair at work?

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Or a bandana.Good luck to you Aaron. We're happy to have you here!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form