Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Day 4 of r&t method where do I go from here.......

Lynne Cowley Jones
@lynne-cowley-jones
12 years ago
12 posts
Hi everyone a little advice is needed right now, I have a full head of R&T dreads and Yayyyyy they've stayed in ....... Just not sure what to do now. When do I wash it? And with what? Also will it now lock itself as it grows or do I need to crochet them in?
updated by @lynne-cowley-jones: 01/13/15 09:38:05PM
Eve2
@eve2
12 years ago
7 posts

DO NOT CROCHET...I learned this the hard way....wash when your head gets itchy, me usually every 3 days or so, but just have a look in the dread maintenance forums for the baking soda and ACV rinse...works wonders. And some good pointers in there as well.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

never ever ever let a crochet hook touch =your dreads thats just pure destruction

they will dread themselves ofcourse but they get looser b4 they get tigter

wash now

whenever u want every 3 to 4 days is great

use a dread shampoo like www.dreadlockshampoo.com or the baking soda recipe found all over this site

other then that

wssh

seperate\nithing else

nooooo crochettttt

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lynne Cowley Jones
@lynne-cowley-jones
12 years ago
12 posts
Thank Youuuuuuu ;-) I am glad I asked I so wouldn't want to be doing the wrong thing ...... Can you get away with not washing for a while or best to wash them? I just worry about them drying its not very warm here in sunny Kent uk!! HeheheYour site btw is superb and has been really helpful ;-)
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

it's best to wash, washing helps mess them up & knot them. a clean head makes happy dreads. oily hair will slip out of knots, clean hair will stay. your first wash they may loosen or "fall out" some but don't panic, they will knot back up, it's common with tnr. wash them when you feel they need it, it can be different for everyone but most baby dreads get washed 2-3 times a week. find what works out for you & stick with it ;)

Lynne Cowley Jones said:

Thank Youuuuuuu ;-) I am glad I asked I so wouldn't want to be doing the wrong thing ...... Can you get away with not washing for a while or best to wash them? I just worry about them drying its not very warm here in sunny Kent uk!! Hehehe
Your site btw is superb and has been really helpful ;-)
Lynne Cowley Jones
@lynne-cowley-jones
12 years ago
12 posts
Great I shall get on the case of doing a BS wash ..... Good point about it being to oily and slipping out. I can't wait for them to lock themselves they are like my little babies teehee xx
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form