Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Will my method work? please help/assist!

pokolo
@pokolo
15 years ago
59 posts
okay so i have yet to start officially 'dreading'basically, i've let my hair grow out, not sure how long it is yet, i'd say about 4 inchesis that long enough?i haven't been combing it or brushing it or anything for the past few weeks/monthsso my idea is to switch to a residue free/ non conditioner shampoo and wash my hair only once or twice a week or whenever i do something that makes me sweat a lotand then i will continue to not comb or brush or anything and hopefully dreads will start to form!am i missing anything though? what else should i do to get my dreads to form?btw my hair is kind of curly/wavy/shaggy i have pics in my thread in the Introduce Yourself sectionplease help me!
updated by @pokolo: 01/13/15 08:29:28PM
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
oh ok, just responded to your last thread, oopsbut yes, thats the way to do it,at this point the only thing you can do it wait it out, at the very least your hair is gonna get some length,you could look into wearing a wool hat to help though.
MountainWillow
@mountainwillow
15 years ago
141 posts
I would def recommend a wool hat it will help them tangle up as they grow. As far as the length, I wouldn't expect a lot of dreading till at least 6 inches. But who knows, dreads are funny little things.
pokolo
@pokolo
15 years ago
59 posts
where can i buy wool hats at?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form