Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

OH crap.

Terrence Major
@terrence-major
15 years ago
4 posts
Okay so i've used wax pretty much my whole dread life and i've just now found this site and how wonderful it is. is there anyway i can take out most of the wax without completely cutting off my hair?
updated by @terrence-major: 01/13/15 08:29:27PM
Diamondskies
@diamondskies
15 years ago
51 posts
I don't know honey, 3 years is a long time to wax. You might try getting the wax remover from knottyboy, unfortunately, if they've been waxxed so long they haven't actually had a chance to really lock, so when you remove the wax your dreads may come apart some. This is normal though. They will have to start locking on their own. Check out some of the other discussions about how people dreads are coming along. they'll start to take on a whole new appearence with loops and hoops and fun things like that!! The waz remover stuff actually sells as dreadlock remover, and if you read the product info it basically tells you that all it does is remove the wax so that you dreads come out, which is just stating that the wax is the only thing that is holding them together. Silly. Good luck, and remember that even if they come out, you can start new with fresh clean hair and no wax!!!
Terrence Major
@terrence-major
15 years ago
4 posts
sounds nice. i think my hair shouldn't be too bad though because i usually try to avoid geting my hair done with wax because ive never liked it so it would only get waxed like once every 2 months or so. i saw on someone elses post that dipping in boiling hot water and squeezing it out might be a good idea. Diamondskies said:
I don't know honey, 3 years is a long time to wax. You might try getting the wax remover from knottyboy, unfortunately, if they've been waxxed so long they haven't actually had a chance to really lock, so when you remove the wax your dreads may come apart some. This is normal though. They will have to start locking on their own. Check out some of the other discussions about how people dreads are coming along. they'll start to take on a whole new appearence with loops and hoops and fun things like that!! The waz remover stuff actually sells as dreadlock remover, and if you read the product info it basically tells you that all it does is remove the wax so that you dreads come out, which is just stating that the wax is the only thing that is holding them together. Silly. Good luck, and remember that even if they come out, you can start new with fresh clean hair and no wax!!!
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
Hey man, I think your dreads will be ok, did you go with mostly twisting?
Terrence Major
@terrence-major
15 years ago
4 posts
yeah all i did was twisted them Iain said:
Hey man, I think your dreads will be ok, did you go with mostly twisting?
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
Yeah I was gonna say most the people I know that could twist their dreads used beeswax, but very little, or they used aloe since it was good for their hair, idk If its just me but I think it seems to work best with that kind of hair or at the least it has less of a negative impact.
vonathon daniel
@vonathon-daniel
15 years ago
3 posts
take a was cloth and put soap on it and rap it around one of youre dreads and tightly grip while slidding down the dreads
Terrence Major
@terrence-major
15 years ago
4 posts
do you think washing it with pinesol would work?
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
It would totally take the wax out of your hair. And it would probably take the hair off your head aswell. I'd wash in some really really hot water, (as hot as you can stand, dont scold yourself) and then take a paper towel and wipe the wax out Terrence Major said:
do you think washing it with pinesol would work?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form