Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help! Loose hair problem!

Jillian Leigh
@jillian-leigh
12 years ago
2 posts

Hello, I'm new :). My dreads are two weeks old, I used the rip and twist and back comb methods to do them. I know some loose hair is normal. I have chunks of heircomingloose tho. I have very fine straight hair and this might be my problem. Was wondering if there was anything anyone would recommend to make sure that these chunks of loose hair get dreaded in?

I wont crotchet my hair. With how fine my hair is, it will just rip it apart.

This is how much hair is coming loose in places :/

updated by @jillian-leigh: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

let it dread

leave it alone it will dread itself your at 2 weeks

thats like..nothing']

if you had a baby would you expect it to understand quantum mechanichs at 2 weeks old?

u got to give emjk time to develop

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jillian Leigh
@jillian-leigh
12 years ago
2 posts

Ok just wanted somereassuranceall my hair wasn't going to undread lol.

And idk some babies are pretty smart ;)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

some might but its not dreaded yet once actualy dreded it never undreads but the ntnr might fall out but its ok they will dread up bh=naturally anyway

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Yeah, 2 weeks is nothing. They won't be fully mature for about a year, on average. For he first 0-6 months, expect to see them getting loose and retanging and untangling and retangling over and over. Just keep washing them and you will see good progress. Spraying them with sea salt 1-2 hours before you wash can do wonders too. But don't leave the salt on your hair or scalp more than 2 hours or it will over dry your hair and make it brittle ad well as make your scalp itch something fierce

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Yup that's totally normal. By doing tnr you're not really creating dreads, your creating sections. It almost always comes undone but the sections remain. Those loose hairs, including the chunks, will either get sucked back in or form a new dreads. It takes a lot of time and patience.
Ahil Ganesan
@ahil-ganesan
12 years ago
53 posts
Don't worry about loose hair I thought I had a problem with loose hair at the front of my head but it's completely normal, in time it will fix itself up I can promise you that
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Definitely leave it be. I did TnR and mostly it came out. I left it mostly alone and now, after 6 months, there is still loose hair but there is definite progress.

Κύριε Ελέησόν
@κύριε-ελέησόν
12 years ago
92 posts
You poor thing! I feel ya... Nobody else's dreads look like they have any loose hair!!! But that's kind of the cool part... If you can't tell it on other people's, I bet nobody can tell it on yours! Lol, that's my thought process anyway! :) Becaaaaause....Mine are starting to show LOTS of loose hair too... Especially around the edges of my scalp. As everyone else has said, it'll fix itself eventually. Although I only had my last set for six months, a section of loose hair not unlike the one you have pictured here began knotting up! It mightve ended up a new baby dread! Who knows? It's just as fascinating to see what those ornery stragglers end up doing.Also, should your tnr babies come undone, as mentioned they probably won't just stay as straight hair again. It's usually because they're sorting themselves out to begin re-dreading naturally. None of mine have ever fallen apart (so I'm just repeating what I've learned whilst lurking in these forums) and I have naturally fine, thin, and straight hair. I'm not sure what kind of hair you have but all is well! :)Best wishes on your journey!!!
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

I have hair that I will say is pretty similar. No "quick-dread" method worked for me. So...I was patient like all those people who had long and beautiful locks!

I ssooooooo remember the feeling of wanting the dreads like so and so has...like installed.

That's why we say when asked how we dreaded...stopped brushing...kept clean...learned the valuable lesson of patience.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form