Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Shampoo Bars from dreadlockshampoo.com

Teddyjo
@teddyjo
12 years ago
106 posts

just ordered some shampoo bars from dreadlockshampoo.com because i wanted to try a new method to treat my dandruff while still dreading my hair the free form way. i was told to wash my hair more frequent then the BS/ACV wash to treat my dandruff. So my question for you all is, "will my hair still dread if i wash my hair with those shampoo bars every other day as long as my hair drys completely? im just a tad worried because i know that you have to massage the soap into the scalp and will that make me never form baby dreads? will masaging that soap into my head every other day loosen up knots that need to form in the first place? and when/if i see a baby dread will shampooing and massaging into the scalp make the baby dread undo itself thus preventing a dread from forming?" thank you

updated by @teddyjo: 01/13/15 09:37:38PM
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
As long as you just massage the scalp you should be fine. Yeah some hair is going to get in the mix but that's ok. Ya know how before dreading, when you washed your hair you'd rub the shampoo all over, gettin all the hair leathery? That's what you DON'T want to do now. Just lather up your scalp to get it clean and rinse. And the suds rinse off, they travel thru your hair getting it clean.
Teddyjo
@teddyjo
12 years ago
106 posts
When you rinse are you massaging the scalp and the same time? Or do you just let the water run through your hair?
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I lift my hair and move it around to make sure my scalp is thoroughly rinsed. I think I might kind of massage as I rinse to help lift dead skin and flakes. I'll say I do a combination of both lol
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form