Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Neglect

Danny Medina
@danny-medina
12 years ago
8 posts
So ive been neglecting my hair for about 3-4 months and have formed a good amount of dreads on the back of my head. I have yet to see the top/front of my hair lock up even a little bit so im wondering if i should start twisting them? I havnt twisted them and not sure how it'll look compared to my neglected dreads, any suggestions?
updated by @danny-medina: 01/13/15 09:37:37PM
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

give it more time, the face frame will take longer to lock up (the hair is softer & most people sleep on their backs so that area gets messed up more). i had nice solid sections in back & the front was still smooth silky & looked so neat it looked brushed hah, just getting sectioned & messy recently. it will work out in time tho. if you are determined to twist & rip them, they will look different at first, but once they are completely mature it can be hard to tell the difference between them.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wait it out dont twist

the back dreads faster caue u sleep on it the rest will catch up dont worry

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Danny Medina
@danny-medina
12 years ago
8 posts
Sounds good, its just that theres this bald spot line where its dreaded and undreaded, its almost like a border to another country, LOL!
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Call the different countries on your head 'Dreadtopia' and Wait It Outland'. Dreadtopia is a wild and free place, doing it's thing, being happy. Wait It Outland is a bit more structured, thinking about joining Dreadtopia but a little weary, struggling to grasp the free concept. Eager to join tho, but at it's own pace, when it's ready.
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

lol yeah a lot of people get that flat baldish area at first, it'll sort out. have you tried sea salt or beads on the front area at all? might help scoot things along?

Danny Medina said:

Sounds good, its just that theres this bald spot line where its dreaded and undreaded, its almost like a border to another country, LOL!
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

haha love this!

Mons said:

Call the different countries on your head 'Dreadtopia' and Wait It Outland'. Dreadtopia is a wild and free place, doing it's thing, being happy. Wait It Outland is a bit more structured, thinking about joining Dreadtopia but a little weary, struggling to grasp the free concept. Eager to join tho, but at it's own pace, when it's ready.
Danny Medina
@danny-medina
12 years ago
8 posts
@Mons: that is the coolest thing ive read this month! Lol!!!@Ixchel: no i havnt, but when i first accidentally did my dreads a few years back i would put on a beanie and that pretty much locked all my hair at the same time so im thinking about doing that, but that was when my hair was short, my hair is about 6-7 inches right now
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form