Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New dreads

Melony
@melony
12 years ago
45 posts

I stopped brushing my hair around Sep 1st 2012, (so about a month and a half ago)
I created a few dreads on the underside of my hair using the twist/rip method.. One of which I decided to brush out.
The one that was brushed out decided to dread back up quickly and became an over sized dread in comparison to the rest... It also wants to absorb all the surrounding dreads into this one big one and I've been working hard at pulling them all apart... but to no avail... I still have some big clumps in the back where this one dread wants to take over my head.
Don't get me wrong, I love this fat dread as much as I love all the rest, but it shrunk up so much and whenever I put my hair up it doesn't want to stay with the rest.

In the attached picture you can see how theres a gap in the back of my hair.. thats where the big dread is.. it shrunk a lot so that part of my hair looks thinner/shorter then the rest.

I've considered spraying in some vitamin E oil and trying to separate that dread... but I'm afraid I would be back tracking... Any opinions or advice on this??

Thanks in Advance. :)

updated by @melony: 01/13/15 09:37:28PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

estimate the size of the section..at the roots

if its over 1 1/2 or 2 inches then worry an inch or less leave it be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts
similar thing is happening to me. We've been dreading for the same amount of time and I've got a dread in the same place that's trying to eat all the hair around it and beavertail and it's damn near impossible to separate.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form