dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lets play "Name that Dread!"

Australe
@australe
12 years ago
60 posts

Okay yep... so silly... anyway.
I started my dreads back in Feb and they've been coming along really well... lately though this creature is forming on the back of my head. It was just a normal dread like all the other dreads, a little loopy here and there. The root area however was really fluffy, so much so it was irritating me. I don't have any more beads and with it being on the back of my head am unable to do a short hair wrap.
Screw it I said to myself one night. I looped a hair tie around it about 6 times and tamed the fluffiness at the root. A wash later and it feels better, hmmm... I'll leave the hair tie in for a bit longer... Washed my hair this morning and WOW! What happened!? Its not bad but my innocent little dready who was like all the other innocent little dreadys has turned into a MONSTER. Its awesome, I love it. Crazy looped back on itself twice and its in the process of sucking the end in, its also now like half the length of the rest of them. I feel like at this point its shown me it has personality and also deserves a name, seeing as how its the first one to REALLY stand out from the others.

So my silly question is, have you named some of your dreads? If so what names have you chosen for them and why?

updated by @australe: 01/13/15 09:37:22PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i never have no but i know alot of ppl do

wait no..1 did have a name temporarily..draco

because it was my dragon puppet

i entertained kid with

it was a crazy cono with 2 ends that formed a jagged toothed mouth ..or long beal]=k

it had 2 lil loops above that formed ears or eyebrows

and when u held its "neck" and the slightest inperceptable twust on the fingers made it "talk" opening and closing its beak/mouth

wow that sure makes me sound geeky huh

unfortunately its eyebrow/ears decidd they wanted to change and transform so its no longer gragonlike

so the name only stuck for a few months

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I started my locks when my hair was pretty short, and I palm rolled the hell out of 4-5 of them and interlocked one or 2. So when they matured, they were super short. I had one, dead center on my hairline on my forehead. It stuck straight out like a unicorn's horn. So my wife and I nicknamed it my horn. Even though it's 18 inches long now, we still call it my horn

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form